Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Welsh Friday

Random Thoughts.....

*I am sad that the weather was so bad this summer - I usually LOVE London summers:( This one has been a huge disappointment, but I suppose it makes me less sad about leaving

*I am really tired and REALLY looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. Tonight we are driving to Wales and will be back Sunday night YAY!

*I miss my dog Minnie (well family & friends too of COURSE) but I am also looking forward to seeing Minnie and giving her a cuddle (although Murray hates when I end up smelling like dog from petting her - ha ha).

*I don't usually post email forwards on my blog - but I thought this one was really touching & wanted to share......

The Purpose of a Dog - from a 4 yr. old's perspective
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience. The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him.

Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The four- year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

*Isn't that SO sweet

* Also - last night I went back to look at some shoes I tried on two weeks ago. I try not to buy things on impulse anymore because I often have buyers regret once I get home. However, these shoes, they were made for me. I love them and they love me:)

(Also I do realise we need to fit everything we own into suitcases in 2 1/2 weeks time - so I haven't really bought anything in months - thus I am justfying this one purchase) I will consider it my last London purchase - to remember the city by:)

So last night I went back and asked to try them on in my size. The sales guy brought them out and I slipped them on and them modelled them in front of the mirror. First, with jeans - yup they looked great. Then I rolled up my jeans to my knees to see how they would look with a skirt or dress.
The sales guy came over and said 'What are you planning on wearing them with.'
Me 'A simple black dress'
Guy 'Oh that would look great, and with what hand bag'
Me 'I have not idea actually, I hadn't really thought of it'
Guy 'Oh well....'
Me - interrupting him 'Look, it's OK - you don't have to sell them to me. I came here 2 weeks ago and fell in love with them. I don't need them, but I love them, so I will buy them.'
Guy 'You have been dreaming about them haven't you?'
Me 'Ha ha - yes!'

I thought that was funny:) I would post a picture - but you will see pics of them when I wear them with my black dress exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow! But I will tell you - they are not practical but GORGEOUS!

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

Try enforcing a one-in-one-out policy if you want to buy anything in the last few weeks. Assuming that your bags are full, if you buy something, another item gets evicted from the luggage! Of course anything that's totally gorgeous and small enough is completely exempt :)
PS I'm in Wales this weekend for the rugby - are you going to be in Cardiff?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Monique said...

So true Suze - well I am throwing away about 6 pairs of shoes when we go so I think this one pair will fit:)
We probably won't make it to Cardiff - we're going to the Brecon Beacons area - but if by chance we do decided to head down there I'll send you a text! Have fun at the rugby!!

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo, you don't need a reason to buy shoes!!

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha monique i liked the way you refered to me and justin as 'children'
I love you aunty mo :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker