Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Monday

Oh you gotta love Mondays. I woke up an early late (for some reason my alarm didn't go off!!!) then rushed for the bus and got here over an hour late *sigh.*

BUT it was a fabulous weekend:)

Friday night I went out in Kensington to cool piano bar called - Piano. It is a TINY place tucked in above a building just across the street from Kensington High Street tube station. We found our table (it's so small ALL of them were reserved) and had some very fancy drinks & a lovely meal. The evening was 'leaving drinks' for me and our friend Teresa (who is also moving to Sydney soon). It was a VERY loud bar - as there is a live pianist who plays very popular songs - so of course people love to sing along! But it was a good place for 7 loud Americans to meet up:) They surprised us with GORGEOUS gifts - oh wow! They are such lovely girls, and the gifts were just TOO MUCH - so so lovely:) Gosh I'm going to miss them! It has been SO nice to have fellow American friends in London. Not only do we have the USA in common, but they are also such lovely ladies, and good friends. I do hope I can catch up with them all some time in the future somewhere in the world - you never know!

Oh and .... I am SO SO SO SO SO jealous ........


As if seeing the beastie Boys Wed and Thursday night in concert wasn't enough. Murray and his friend Cameron were walking through Soho along Old Compton Street towards the bus stop home on Friday night - and he ran into MCA and Ad Rock!!! Tells them that there shows were awesome and then parted ways......!!! " They were keeping a low profile and didn't want anyone to recognise them.... (was that because they were with 20 year old girls??? ha ha - man I wish I HAD SEEN THEM TOO - bummer)


Over the weekend we also had a great catch up with Abby & Eva (lots of great pictures to follow soon!)


And we had a lovely afternoon with Murray's cousin Pat.

We decided to go to the Tower Bridge Exhibition, as none of us had done that tour before!

View from the top of the tower - how amazing is that!

Looking up one of the towers .... with fake men 'working' - odd!
Old old picture of Tower Bridge
You could clearly see the HMS Belfast
Pat, Murray & I in front of one of the old steam engines they used to power the opening of the bridge
Murray sticking his head in the oven!
Some sort of engine gadget.... I can't seem to remember the technical details now
but I do remember it was quite advanced engineering for when they put it in!

More engine stuff...

Oh oh I remember what these are - the accelerators - they stored up compressed water and were used as backup energy as needed
Murray and I with our two blank faced children !
It's such a pretty bridge!
Pat, Murray & I
Tower Bridge (you can see the building they call 'the gherkin' in the background too!)
Then Pat treated us to a GORGEOUS lunch at a The Butlers Wharf Chop House - which has stunning views of Tower Bridge
Yummy yummy dessert
The Butlers Wharf area is SO cute!
This was our view from the restaurant - nice huh?
There was some sort of boat race going on - we couldn't figure out what it was for! There was boats of all sizes - with 2 to 20+ men in each! Lots of people were in costume as well - it was quite fun to watch:)
It was such a lovely afternoon - GREAT to see Pat, and fun to tour a tourist site I have been meaning to see for YEARS! I highly recommend it!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker