Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, September 24, 2007

It's my LAST Monday at work!

I was woken up this morning by howling wind banging on our windows at 5:30am. I put a pillow on top of my head, but that didn't really help, so of course now I'm exhausted. It's raining cats & dogs today - totally miserable - but a good day to be inside and working.

My horoscope today said:
Are you actually sure what you're doing? You're running around like a headless poultry item, but are you directing your efforts in the right place? Hadn't you better check before you exhaust yourself?

Eeeeeeeek that freaked me out - it IS sort of what I was thinking today though on the way in. I think I'm going to focus on my big final project today and worry about the little details later. I think if I work hard today & tomorrow I can at least finish this part! only 5 days to go - wow time flies!!

We watched the final 2 episodes of the Sopranos last night. OH MY GOSH - now I can see why people in America were upset at the ending. Um ya - I didn't like it either. It was a great show - I'm gonna miss it:)

Saturday we caught up with Murray's half brother Graham, his wife Kerry and their children Justin & Lorraine. We went to a pub to watch England play rugby in the World Cup and then went out to a Spanish tapas dinner nearby.

from left: Kerry, Graham, Justin, Murray, Me & Lorraine

Kerry, Graham & Justin with the paella

It was a nice afternoon - lovely to see them and nice to be able to say goodbye to them in person before we leave the UK :)

Sunday Heather & Jason picked us up in their rental car !

Jason did very well considering it was only the second time he had driven in the UK!

We went to Canterbury!
The Canterbury Cathedral was GORGEOUS! And HUGE!
Stunning stained glass
Gorgeous

It really was like 2 Cathedral's in one - massive!
And a lovely outdoor courtyard


We also stopped by Canterbury Castle - it reminded me of a pile of rocks around a sandbox. That's what it was really - oh well, worth a 5 minute visit.
Then some ice cream - yummmm (shame Murray's flake smelled like old socks - ewww)

(p.s. for my American readers - a flake is the chocolate stick coming out of the vanilla cone - they are usually nice - and don't normally smell like feet)

On the way back to the car we heard & saw this group of old ladies posing for pictures with a big burly biker - CUTE!
The gate leaving Cantebury Then we quickly drove over to Dover to check out the view of France - This pic is Jason, Heather & I checking out the view (yes we really COULD see France- pretty cool!)
The White Cliffs of Dover
Murray (with his lego hair) & I & the white Cliffs

Just in case you missed it - Beware of the Cliff Edge

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, it's your LAST work Monday yippee!

Sounds like you had a great weekend, lovely sites & I'm glad you explained what a Flake is .. I was lost :)

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... I'd like to browse your photos and appreciate the beauty of them more... but the Lego hair has me mesmerized!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

Great pics of Canterbury - but oh my gosh please eat some pies!! You're super thin at the moment!!
Have a fabulous last week at work. Eva and I are busy planning to capture you both and keep you in the UK... Mwa ha ha ha!!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Ha ha Lorraine - SORRY! lol - you KNOW what I mean :)

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see Justin is wearing the right colours!!!

Go the Wallabies!!!!!!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good time! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker