Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Almost Friday?

Oh gosh I had a terrible day yesterday.

The 2 hour commute

Then I had a HUGE list of things to get done, but got tied up working with a computer programme that would NOT cooperate! I spoke to my knowledgeable friend Sue, and her suggestions were great but still didn't help me sort out the problem. Someone here suggested a guy in our office in Birmingham, but I informed them that I actually trained that guy last year. IT had no idea, and I couldn't call the support desk in the UK for the programme cause our company's technical support contract has expired. *SIGH*

I did eventually find a temporary fix, but it took up most of my day which was VERY frustrating. I thought of something I could do to fix it this morning, but it's not ideal. Will see how it goes as I have a LOT of other things to get on with today.......

And also the office REEKED of some sort of industrial cleaning solution yesterday. We never did figure out where it came from, but it left us all light headed and not feeling great (we work in a basement - so opening a window was not an option).

Then I got home and realised I had forgotten my keys. Murray thankfully was only half an hour away, so I got out my book to read. Then I had to back up into our (thankfully) covered door way as it started to rain....

By the time he got back I was nearly in tears - what a BAD day!

I know - big picture - that we have over 400 days of no work coming up. But, that doesn't negate the fact that I do still have a TON of work to complete in the next 7 days. I don't want to turn in a half finished manual when I leave - I want it to be complete and quality.

Oh well - will work hard today and work late if necessary.

Last night we did the first practice pack of our trip backpack. I can't quite believe we'll be living out of the bag for SEVEN MONTHS! Wow. So just about everything fit - barely. The boots fill the entire bottom of the bag (we won't be wearing them all the time - so need to make sure we leave room for them) and thanks to our brilliant packing cubes we were able to fit in enough clothing for both of us. Nice. Tonight - we will start packing out suitcases with books, paperwork, misc. stuff, other clothing, etc. I KNOW we have 2 weeks to do that - but it's not just the packing that's worrying us - it's making sure that we can fit all of our stuff into 4 suitcases that worries me. I do NOT want to check another bag (it's darn expensive) so we need to plan and pack carefully.

Now - back to work - I have TONS to do.

Oh and p.s. I think today will be a good day - already started out on a great note when I paid for a small Chai latte at Starbucks and the lady gave me a large instead! I gave her a 'huh?' face and she said - oh yes this is small (they must be out of small cups or something). Ok - whatever you say - more yummy Chai for ME!

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAaaaahhhhhh yes - chai will solve anything! Maybe that computer blip could use a soy chai vanilla latte?!?!?!?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day :(. Things can only get better from here. The weekend is around the corner! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker