Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, September 28, 2007

147 weeks - WOW

Today is my last day at work.

After 147 working weeks at this job, it's time to move on. I knew from the day they hired me three years ago that 28 September 2007 would be my finish date. But wow - it's here - it's really here - so strange. This is the longest I have ever been at one job so it feels strange to leave now!

I'm getting all teary about leaving London. I'll miss the great people at work, but I won't miss the commute. I brought in a box of Krispy Kremes for my friends at work today, and they all LOVED them (me too)!

I'll do my final 'leaving London' post on this blog on Tuesday - my last official day in the UK.

As a wise friend said to me today

'It is always better to miss the place when leaving rather than looking forward to closing that chapter of your life, isn't it?'

SO so so true!

By the way :

We had an amazing Sri Lankan dinner last night! We went to the restaurant owned by the woman who is replacing Murray at work. She picked out everything (thank goodness since I didn't even recognise most of the words on the menu) and really was SO SO good! Lots of interesting & yummy food.

Tonight - we'll crack open the nice bottle of champagne that we have been saving for ages to celebrate / toast our last day of work in the UK being over. *sob*

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have a fantastic last day - you guys soooo deserve the vacation.
I'm really sad that you are going (as are all your friends in the UK) but it will be great to have you in Oz when I finally make it back!
Thanks for brightening my world a little every day with your blog (it's amazing how much you look forward to these things when you work from home and have very little contact with anyone!!) and inspiring me to get out and go do stuff too.
Travel safely and enjoy yourselves! Now take a long lunch and go drink lots of champagne!!
Loads of love and thanks,

Suze xxx

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember Dorothy's famous words during her Land of Oz adventures..."There's no place like home!"
'Home' is where you and Murray make it!
Enjoy this day & savor those memories - won't be long till you'll both be here in MN soaking up the beautiful autumn colors!
XOXOXOXO

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Monique,
You're getting teary eyed- wonder where you got those characteristics? : ) Take care. Looking forward to your coming home for two weeks. It will be great to catch up and spend time with the two of you. Here's wishing you great memories, a smooth flight home, and a bright future.
Love, Mom

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger The Rhode Family said...

Have a great last day of work! We are very excited to see you in 1 week!!! How can you have champagne without me there to open it for you????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker