Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Toooooooooooosay

Tired Tired

7 Weeks and 3 1/2 days left of work

And I lost my sun glasses :( :(

I'm SURE I had them on my commute home on Friday. Couldn't find them Saturday morning - they must have fallen off of my head on the walk home or something? Shoot.
I'm still hoping they will turn up - and just are misplaced somewhere. I know it's unlikely since we have searched the flat top to bottom, and they weren't on my desk when I came back on Monday. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed:(

So today I brought the cute tortoise shell pattern sunnies I got in Australia, but they are too tight on my big head and hurt after awhile. *sigh* Is it Friday yet?

Oh one cute story though.

Coming home on the tube from Kensington on Sunday there was a nice Australian family sitting near me. Mom, Dad, Grandma & Grandpa & a little girl who was about 9/10 months old?? She was getting upset because she was hot (the tube was BOILING! felt like a sauna). When the train stopped & there was no air flow it was HOT! They stripped her down to her diaper (sorry I still cannot say the word nappy - still sounds odd to me) but she was still miserable. She started being a bit noisy & turning quite red so her Dad took her up to one of the little windows at the end of the carriage and stuck his head out along with her to try & get some air (while the train was stopped). He turned to me and apologised for her being noisy - saying she was also very jet lagged. Then I remembered - I had a fan in my bag - that free one I got from lastminute.com last week! So I got it out and gave it to the Dad. He sat down and started fanning her & it helps SO much - she calmed and cooled down a bit, then became much more interested in trying to grab the fan. Just the other day I was thinking 'why am I carrying this around - I'm never going to use it.' Kinda nice that it got put to good use:)

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker