Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

This day is going quickly!

Wow it's already lunch time - nice!

Last night we got back to our weekly Wednesday routine - gym, Nandos and then a half price movie (Wednesday is 2 ticket for the price of 1 night).

The gym was good - did some cardio which felt great. Nandos (Portuguese chicken place) was lovely as usual, and we saw Rush Hour 3 which was quite funny.

I was just a bit surprised and shocked by the people sitting next to us. They brought their 2 or 3 ? year old son with them to the movie. He was obviously too young for an adult movie (had his hands over his ears in the beginning because it was too loud). ALSO there is a lot of graphic material, violence and adult content in the movie. I turned with my mouth hanging open in shock when their child started clapping and cheering for the characters in the movie as they shot and stabbed people. Is it just me? I don't think a child that young should be exposed to that kind of violence - disgusting.

But anyhow, it was a lovely night:) I also finished reading The Constant Princess - it was quite an interesting story to read after reading The Other Boleyn. It is the story of Queen Katherine - who was married to Henry the 8th (who eventually left her for a Boleyn girl). VERY interesting! I'm on to a lighter book now (I need a little break from historical fiction). I'm reading 'Water for Elephants' - very good so far!

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I am just starting The Constant Princess - and I hope you enjoy Water for Elephants, I loved it!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading a 1,000 Splendid Suns fromt he dame author as The Kite Runner. It is excellent so far. I have all of the books from that historical fiction genre that you are referring to if you would like to read the rest of them. I liked The Other Boleyn Girl the best of the series. Water for Elephants is good, but not light or humorous reading material if that is what you are looking for try a Lorna Lanvick or Fannie Flagg. Love, Mom

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly you have yet to realize the superiority of European moral relativism...It was obviously good for that child to see the movie because it prepares him for the horrors of life in the 21st Century. Duh!?!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Oh yes Marcus cause that would NEVER happen in America *sarcasm*

Mom - I read that book too (Splendid Sunds) I LOVED it!!! He's SUCH a great writer - I can't wait for the Kite Runner movie to come out here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker