Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ok Morning

Well, I got sent home by my boss yesterday.

Two hours travelling in to the office (*sigh*) and then I was here about an hour when I just broke down. I had a big splotch of white gum all over the back of my black trousers (who DOES that - leave gum on a bus seat - geez)! So I had MANY people telling me about it, tried to get it out with a suggested use of hair spray - that didn't work. I handed back the hairspray to a lady at work then just broke down. Just over tired, stressed about Murray being home alone when I should have been there taking care of him, etc etc. The boss took one look at me crying and said 'I'm sending you home right now, that's an order.' So I travelled another 2 hours home, and I was glad to do so. (gosh I am SICK of this commute)!

I stopped on the way home and signed up for a Blockbuster account (as we have just shipped ALL of our dvds - great timing ha?). I got him a stack of dvds, and stopped and picked up some additional food he had requested on the way home.

He's doing ok! We spent the evening relaxing in front of the tv, and eating soft non-acidic food, and went VERY early to bed (we both needed it)! Oh and the movie School for Scoundrels - actually VERY funny! The pain killers seem to be doing the trick and he seems to be handling the pain really well. He's very drowsy from the medicine though, and of course his throat does still hurt quite a lot. And can I just say - cola flavoured iced lollies? Ewwww - he loves them though!

So - back to work now! Fun fun - not. Wish I could take the week off to take care of him, but some one's gotta bring home the bacon - ha ha:) I'm sure he'll be ok at home on his own, and I'll take orders today for anything else he wants me to pick up on the way home. Amazing how much better you feel after a good night's sleep and a starbucks Chai latte though!

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

Is there anything a Starbucks Chai Latte won't fix?
Totally understand on the annoyance of no DVDs - so hard to pack everything up when you're not leaving immediately. Good move sending it home in advance - mine took 8 weeks to show up! have a great day - see you very soon!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger andrea said...

I am glad he is doing so well!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you both rest up and feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker