Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Crabby Mo - TGIF

SO I left work 2 hours early yesterday and made it to the queue (British for line) by 5pm. Murray arrived about an hour later, and we waited and waited. I had got us a booking for free tickets to the taping of a great show here called Friday Night Project. The taping was at the ITV studios, and since we have been turned away before (they ALWAYS overbook to make sure they can fill the studio, and once it's full it's full) I knew it was important to get there early. (we have also seen a few tapings there - Charlotte Church was a highlight!). However I underestimated how popular this show is. When I got there there was already TONS of people in line! But I was hopeful (as eventually there was TONS of people behind us too). So we waited, and waited, and waited - and 2 1/2 hours later we were at the front of the line. Then the guy came out and said the studio was full. I admit it - there were a few tears. Partly because I really wanted to see the show, partly because I had been standing in the cold in sandals for nearly 3 hours for NOTHING. :(

Oh well - what can you do? So we got on the train and went back to Putney for some lovely pizza at our old favourite Il Mascalzone. Our favourite waiter was there and shook Murray's hand as we entered. The service was fabulous as always, the food was great, and Murray brought my ring back from the work safe all pretty & sparkly. So, not a complete wasted evening:)

Ahhhh one GREAT thing about this weekend too - I am sending my passport off to the Australian embassy tomorrow to get my residency visa put it in YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't WAIT for this process to finally be complete:)

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Friday Night Project. The episode where Gok Wan did the little quiz was hysterical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker