Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

YAY a title!

I went to dinner last night at Ping Pong with our friend Debs. Wow - we ordered WAY WAY too much food. I let her do the ordering because I have no idea what to get when it comes to Dim Sum. She did a great job - got lots of yummy stuff - but just way way way too much! Argh I'm still feeling a bit sick/full today - oops! Oh well - it was yummy. The best part of that place is - the tea. She ordered a Jasmine tea for after the meal. They brought out a large glass that had a ball of something in the bottom - looks like a ball of tea or grass or something. Then the waiter poured in hot water directly onto the little ball and it started expanding. Eventually it started opening up like a flower - oh it was a flower! Then petals/ leaves I don't know what they are called opened and floated up the glass. Really beautiful - and it takes yummy - I guess that's what you call REAL Jasmine tea! (I found the picture on the right on their website).

I'm SO tired today! I hope this day goes quickly - have lots to get done tonight and I badly need some more sleep! Not a good thing to be feeling already at 9am I suppose - oh well!

Oh and a BIG THANKS shout out to auntie Joni - thanks SO much for the salad dressings & the book. Just so everyone knows - other than missing my family and friends - the hardest part of living in London is the lack of salad dressing selection!!! I can't WAIT to have my salad today with Catalina dressing - whooooo hooooo! :)

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger andrea said...

I feel you - the weather certainly doesn't make the day go any faster, does it?

By the way, I LOVED that link you sent me - Lee and I have to get that!!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh!!! TEA FLOWERS! I had some of those a couple of months ago. Aren't they the best? The tea usually tastes even better after the second or third steep. The jasmine ones sound delicious, that's one of my favourite teas, next to Assam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker