Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, July 13, 2007

The secret is out...... HELEN is here in London!

SO I have kept this surprise for.............. 4 months i think? ( must be a new record for me)!

HELEN (my sister-in-law) IS HERE - IN LONDON !!

She called me months ago, saying she was thinking of coming and wanted to surprise Murray!
I agreed straight away and we set the plans in motion.

She arrived yesterday morning and I met her at the airport to give her my keys to our flat.
I said goodbye as she went off to a different train - and then got a phone call from Murray ??

He said I had somehow dialed his number (HOW? I'm not sure - it was in my bag!) and he overheard me talking to Helen, telling her how to get to the shopping centre from our flat! Darn technology let us down:( I am really disappointed that that happened.... I feel so bad for ruining the surprise:( But I didn't do it on purpose - stupid phone!

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

I have kept this surprise for MONTHS and now with only 6 hours til the surprise THIS happens?

*SIGH*

I told him I was in a meeting and had to go, he said 'can you hear me' and I replied 'No I can't hear you' hmmmm that was a bit of a blonde moment - then I 'lost signal' i.e. hung up.

He's great at getting secrets out of me, so I knew I had to get off the phone.

He heard her voice and me giving her directions in OUR area, so he pretty much knew what was happening - I couldn't think of a good lie to cover it up!

So I avoided his phone calls and emails all day, and just sent him a quick message saying I was in an all day meeting and would call him later on.

She travelled to his work in the afternoon and he was still surprised!!!! I guess he convinced himself that he had misheard the conversation cause he's so overtired! YAY! She's here for about 10 days - 1 full week & 2 weekends AND her b-day is tomorrow - so should be fun!

I haven't seen her for over a year and a half - so will be a nice catch up! We have lots of fun things planned - so looking forward to a fun weekend and upcoming week!

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

Can't believe your phone called Murray while you were talking to Helen!! Am glad he was still surprised that she showed up at his work though!
Also, I can stop knitting booties now... (I'm crap at guessing surprises).

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was completely wrong also...I thought Isabel was going to have a playmate. I had visions of Murray hiking with a baby in a sling on your holiday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker