Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, July 20, 2007

G'Day Mate

OK so I don't have the accent - but I can still work on the lingo because...........

I GOT IT!!!!

My Australian Permanent Residency visa was granted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will wait until we're back from Russia to have it put in my passport, just to make sure we don't cut THAT visa too close. But there's not rush - I just have to have it in my passport before we leave the UK in October!

HOORAY! I dropped off my application at the London embassy on 26 February with LOTS of supporting documents. I never did have an interview, which I think is quite unusual - but then I DID provide LOADS of paperwork proof of our relationship. Part of the process is that you have to have a medical exam and x-rays.... strange I never had to do that for my UK visas! Luckily they don't deny you entry because of gangly limbs and fat toes - lucky me! Then I had to get police background checks from every country I have lived in in the past 10 years - which was the UK and the USA. The UK one I got back in 4 weeks. The USA one.......... 18 weeks!!! THAT is why this visa took so darn long! Oh well - it's done now:)

I'll get my visa in my passport in early September, then in October, and when I enter Australia they stamp it, THAT is when I am officially a legal resident! This visa allows me to live and work in Australia, and if I live there for 4 years consecutive I can apply for citizenship. Would be my third - which would be kinda cool! Of course I would NEVER EVER give up my USA citizenship - luckily the UK and Australia are both cool with you having joint citizenship. But that doesn't really matter right now - all that matters is that I will legally be able to work and live there straight away - no more paperwork - WHOOO HOOOO.

5 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Congratulations! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hip hip hooray!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Congrats!!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

Yay! Although we will miss you in London!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

Bonza matey - top work sheila!
See you back home in Australia soon!

Suze xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker