Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF!

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Hmmmm ok - my Wicked review.

Wow that theatre is HUGE! I didn't realise how big it was.
The story is very interesting.... lots of 'oh ok, I see now' moments - explaining the story behind the character is the Wizard of Oz.
The lead was fantastic - she had a great voice and stage presence.
The two supporting leads.... were ok - I wasn't all that impressed with their voices to be honest.
The songs? They were no Andrew Lloyd Webber - nothing all that memorable.
But it was funny - which I didn't expect! And quite a clever story line.
I wouldn't say it was one of the best shows I have ever seen, but I did enjoy it.

Oh and my rant.....
When you are at a theatre please do not
1. put your shoes up on the back of someone's seat - even when they aren't sitting there - that's so rude
2. do not take your shoes off and curl up your bare feet on the theatre's nice plush chairs- gross
3. do not talk during the performance - the rest of us are trying to listen to the show thanks!
4. make sure you mobile is turned OFF before the show starts so we don't have to have a ring tone blaring during a quiet important scene

thanks so much for your cooperation:)

Seriously - Murray and I were standing and talking during the interval and couldn't believe some of the things people were doing - what were they raised in a barn?

YAY the weekend - I'm doing my 'no rain dance' for tomorrow - come on !!!!!!!!!! It's been sunny all week - it can't rain on the WEEKEND! fingers crossed!

And finally, a picture of our family's dog Minnie - showing off her new summer haircut and fancy scarf:) thanks for the picture Mariah - please give her a big hug for me!

8 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I can't believe you didn't LOVE wicked!! I think the music is soooooooo much better than all those Andrew Lloyd Webber shows. Then again, I think Andrew Lloyd Webber is actually pretty rubbish :)

I'm totally with you on behavior at the theatre. I'm still shocked at some of the things people do!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Ha ha. Well hey I loved the story! It was a good show - I just thought some of the songs could have been a bit better.... I think my fav's a the moment are Ben Elton musicals - I still think it's a MAJOR shame that 'Tonight's the Night' the Rod Stuart musical isn't on stage anymore - that was FANTASTIC!!!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to metion where all those naughty tourists were from...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Ahhhh 'ananymous' aka Murray - they were Americans! I didn't say anything because it's not only Americans that act like that - but last night - it was!

Bare feet - up on theatre seats - no no no no no

I should have really said something to her *sigh*

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

No shoes? I assumed they were Australian :)
Cuuuuute dog by the way!

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minnie is a stinky dog!

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- I went to Wicked on the SAME DAY YOU DID! Except I was in Los Angeles :) But I thought it was interesting too.... the song "Popular" was totally my favorite (for obvious reasons) and I really liked being able to UNDERSTAND why she became wicked, however, that said- I feel like they tried a little too hard to connect everthing. You know what I mean? Like how every main charachter in The Wizard of Oz was somehow created in the early days from some sort of tragedy. But overall I think it was good. It will be kind of fun to watch the original again, knowing what I know now. Sorry to blab so long, just wanted to tell you how weird that was. We were in the same place at the same time, only not....... :)
Jolie

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Monique said...

HOW BIZARRE Jolie!!! I agree with your review - that's just what we thought!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker