Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Friday YET???

Last night I decided to try another new class at the gym - Dance Sculpt. The brochure described it as 'A dance class with a difference, if you enjoy the rhythm of the music you will enjoy Dance Sculpt. Sculpt your body through dance.'

I though hmmmm yes I like dance - sounds good - I'll give it a try! It was - just ok! However I do think I was being a bit over critical - because I used to attend some AMAZING 'dance' classes at my old gym... so that's sort of the level I was expecting for this one.

For the first half an hour we did what I'd call low to medium impact aerobics. It was ok - but honestly kinda boring. And she didn't tell us what the next exercise would be - so we had to just constantly watch her and try to quickly switch when she did. Normally in an aerobics class they yell out 'now leg lifts' or whatever so you know when to switch and to what.

During that half an hour of aerobics I starting thinking 'they call THIS a dance class??? this is just aerobics!' Then thankfully after we had hit the half hour mark, she started teaching us a routine. She ran through it REALLY quickly - so we were all a bit lost - but it was fun! Shame we only performed it and added to it for 15 minutes:( I really would have rather done 5-10 minutes warm-up aerobics - then mostly dancing!

The last 15 minutes of the class we did toning exercises and sit-ups and then of course stretching. Would I got again? Yes I think so - but not if I'm in the mood for a great workout (body pump & attack are much better for that) but if I'm sore from exercise the day before and want a bit of a stretch and low impact working out - yes I'd go again.

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

I'm meant to do a dance class tonight at my gym (it was raining sooo hard last night I couldn't face going).
Hope the class up here is alright.
S

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger andrea said...

There is a dance studio in Fulham that I keep wanting to check out for this reason - at the gym they are more aerobics, and I like the routine!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Andrea - I used to go to the Virgin gym in Wandsworth and they had TONS of fun dance classes - it's a shame more gyms can't have those! Ohhhh dance studio in Fulham ha? sounds interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker