Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wow the Harmonica IS cool!

Last night we went with Heather & Jason to the Koko Club in Camden to see G Love & Special Sauce perform. It was our first visit to Koko and WOW what a cool place!!!! It has more of a very funky nightclub feel to it - rather than a music venue. It's GREAT because it's quite small AND there are loads of different levels - so you can get right up at the railings and still have a great view of the band - fantastic! G Love was great - sort of a mix between folk/rock/blues/rap - strange mix - I know! But he pulled it off! His rapping/singing reminded me of Jason Mraz, his hair reminded me of Kramer from Seinfeld, and his enthusiasm was catching! We didn't know any of the songs but totally loved the concert it was great! AND he even had one of those goofy harmonica holder things around his neck - so he could play at any time - wow he was good too! And he was the lead singer and lead guitar player - pretty impressive! His band (Special Sauce) was SO geeky - but very talented:)

Got home quite late though (WOW that was the longest encore performance I have ever seen)!
So I'm EXHAUSTED today!!!! And I forgot my darn keys so I can't get into my desk for my green tea bags and I don't have keys to get back into the flat tonight *sigh*!

OH well.

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: Jason Mraz reminds you of G. Love - not the other way around. I'm sure he did "Cold Beverage" - don't you even recognize that?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Miss Eva!! said...

Glad you had a great time... wanted to let you Ben's new job is as Manager at the Luminaire in Kilburn, another music venue.. one that has just won the best small music venue this year... They had the Kooks playing there the other week but Ben had just started so couldn't really sneek guests in.. but will you keep you posted of future gigs if you and Murray are up for it.... we're ok and Abi doing great... miss you guys and hope to come visit soon....

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Monique said...

No Marcus I didn't recognize any of the songs! I did think he was very talented though :) It was a good concert!

Eva - oh that's GREAT I'm so so glad to hear that:) Please tell him congrats for us. We would LOVE to come visit soon - I'll email you with some dates & see what works for you. Gosh we miss you guys!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker