Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

TOOOOSDAY

Nice Sunny morning! Puts a spring in my step!

First of all - most importantly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(p.s. we're holding your pressie ransom at our flat - come by and visit us some time to get it:)

I totally forgot until yesterday that we're coming up to another bank holiday weekend! WOW it feels like the Easter weekend was just the other day! I love May - 2 short 4 day weeks to due 'bank holidays' whatever that means! I'm just happy to have an extra day off to enjoy the sun!

It's going to be another very busy work day today - I just hope I can leave in time to make it to the gym for the class I want to attend tonight!

I feel like I'm dipping my toes into so many different parts of history lately - kinda strange!

Murray and I have been watching the dvd Peking to Paris in which a group of Australian men and women (and one Dutchman) attempt to re-enact the historic 1907 car rally overland from Peking to Paris - in vintage cars that are just like those used in the Original Race! It's SO good!!!! We're up to the last episode now - looking forward to seeing how it will end. They have met some wonderful people along the way (the Russians were SO SO generous and welcoming!), and it's fun to see them re-enact some of the famous photos from the original rally, which was used to prove to people that yes cars are here to stay and are reliable!

I'm also reading The Other Boleyn Girl about life in the court of Henry the 8th in the 1500's. It's actually really fascinating - I don't want to put it down! One of those books where I'm sad when I get home from my hour and a half commute because I want to keep reading (AND I'm only 100 pages into a 500+ page book - long way to go)!

Also I'm watching the Australian made for TV movie series Welcome Back Spinner (which I can't seem to find a link about anywhere online)! It's about Sydney during World War 2, how a small group of women dealt with their men being away in the war and having their city over run by handsome Americans:) It's quite a dramatic storyline! I'm really enjoying it!

OH and I keep meaning to mention......
If you're an expat and like reading blogs, or if you just like reading blogs, or just like pretty pink websites check out the new Expat Women Blog Directory on which I am listed:) Although I do find it confusing that the UK is listed as 'Northern Europe.' Seems like every other resource you find on the net says that the UK is 'West' or 'North' Europe... hmmmmmm. Well as far as I'm concerned - I'm in Western Europe thank you very much:)

4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger andrea said...

That is a great book, I couldn't put it down either!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Miss Eva!! said...

Thank you lovely... Haven't really done much today to be honest except work and study!!! You sound busy, busy, busy!!!!!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe it is Tuesday already for you - weirds me out! Love ya, Jessi

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Dude Jessi - I'm only 6 hours ahead of you :)

YAY Eva glad you had a good day!

And Andrea this book makes me just want to read ALL day!!! Wish I didn't have to work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker