Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

English water torture

I woke up at 1am last night from the heavy rain that was pouring down (it was SO loud sounded like someone was rustling tin foil in my ear)! Then I woke up at 2 from the dripping noises - our ceiling was leaking ALL over, splashing onto our bed & Murray - again! We finally got a bowl and towel set up so at least we wouldn't be sleeping in a swimming pool and laid back down, but the dripping noise was SO loud we were both up for hours trying to get back to sleep.
*sigh*
Our landlord hasn't responded to our text messages, so we'll have to call the agent today - so annoying. She is usually quite good - but is out of the country a lot.... I think maybe that's why she's not responding right now??? Who knows....

We had this leak awhile ago and she came round with 2 builders and they looked around and decided it was just the broken roof tiles that were causing it, they came back & fixed the tiles & one of the leaks was sorted (the upstairs one). It hasn't rained since - but now ours is still leaking just as bad if not worse - not good!

The builders did say 'oh i wonder if it's from the crawl space' but they didn't check it - it MUST be from there as the room above us isn't leaking anymore.
*sigh*
We'll get on the agent today and have her send a builder over asap - not only is it annoying for us - but we have to let them know right away when something big like this goes wrong so we can't be held responsible for damage

I think tonight I'll clear our many many suitcases and boxes out of the attic/storage space and see if 1. all our things are ok and 2. if we can see where it's leaking

How annoying.....

Now my neck is aching, my eyes are tired and I feel awful:( Waking up at 2am and then listening to water drip for AGES is not good:(

While I was lying awake I did remember another weird commuting story though!

The other day on my tube ride from work to the gym I sat down next to a normal looking guy. I was reading my book and sniffed a little bit (I'm a sniffy person - don't usually sniff - but was on a good page and didn't have time to reach for a tissue). Then he sniffed. Ok, maybe we both just have allergies? But then he continued to do it - every couple of seconds - for the half an hour ride. Ok, understandable, this is that sniffy time of year. Then (those of you who know me REALLY well will know what I mean......) I moved my shoulders around to get my clothes sitting comfortably (yes I'm weird - you don't have to tell me...) then I noticed he did the same thing right after me.... So yes I think this guy had tics that he picked up from the people around him. No big deal, but it kinda weirded me out. So I sat completely still for the rest of the journey while he sniffed and moved his shoulders around next to me.... ahhh public transport - gotta love it:)

You know the only time I really HATE the tube is when Chelsea (football - or as we'd say in the US 'soccer') games are on. Last night I had the pleasure (not) of being squished in like a sardine with someone's giant belly pushing up against my side.... ewwwwwwwwwww. Ah well, most of the time I don't mind the bus and the tube - it's cheap and gives me lots of reading time (which i LOVE)!!! Right now I'm reading 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini and ohhhhh it is SO good! I wish I could sit and read it all day:)

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a drip like that for two years and the owner never did anything about it. I just don't get that - don't you want your house to stay nice?! Finally we just left and got a new apartment. I hope you guys don't have to suffer through it for too much longer.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

Without suprises, the giant belly comes most of the time as a normal feature of the footbal... or soccer fan.... another evidence in your post...

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another benefit of home ownership and automobiles is you don't have to wait for a landlord to resolve problems and you don't have to put up with wierdo's on trains.

Luv
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker