Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Sunny Monday

Quick blog this morning cause I have a busy work day ahead of me.

Friday night we hit the gym and then rushed home to watch American Idol. This week was 'Idol Gives Back' so they had lots of charity performances and the whole thing was THREE hours long. Unfortunately, again, our darn presenter Kat Deeley interrupted SO much. The 'UK version' of the show has this presenter Kat who blabs between segments.... however this week we missed SO much due to having to watch her & her lame interviews. I heard from friends yesterday that actually some of the PERFORMANCES were cut out in our version - for what??? *SIGH* But anyhow, it was a great show. I thought one of the highlights was seeing Celine Dion sing 'If I can dream' with a hologram Elvis - really amazing technology! Looked AND sounded amazing!

Saturday I hit the gym in the afternoon which was weird! (because I'm usually to lazy to go to the gym on the weekend:) I attended a 'Body Attack' class - thinking ahhhh it's Saturday will be a nice quiet class. Ummmm no! There was over 20 people in the class and two instructors! (I think one of them was training?) It was GREAT though- I love that class - SUCH a fantastic exhausting workout (it's like super aerobics - jump jump jumping around)! And can I just say I am proud of myself for going to the gym 4 days last week. That's my weekly goal - I will try to do at least that much again this week!
Saturday afternoon headed over to a friend's house for a Braai (South African for BBQ). Had some yummy Boerewors (sausage) with spicy chakalaka (veggie relish side), watched some Cricket and had a lovely time:)

Sunday I met up with a couple American friends for a picnic in Kensington Park. It was SO lovely to catch up and just sit and chat in the sun!!!!! I brought some spinach dip..... which I made for the FIRST time without an American spice mix pack (how we usually make it). Instead I followed my Better Crocker recipe which said I could just use a packet of veggie soup mix. It's just spinach (steamed and the water drained and squeezed out), sour cream, mayo and the soup mix. You mix it up & then refrigerate for a few hours - and then you have a yummy dip that's great with some chunks of bread, or veggies to dip, or even crackers! Yummmmmmy! I actually made so much that Murray and I ended up snacking on that for dinner as well - very nice. Also in the states I always just bought frozen spinach for the mix (or ok - just bought the store made mix which oh my gosh is good). But over here I have never come across bags of frozen spinach, so it's a long process of sticking bags full of fresh spinach into the steamer in many batches until it's all done - fun fun! Does taste nice & fresh though!

I did have to leave the picnic at 5 though to make sure I got home in time to see the last EVER episode of the OC. Hmmmmmmmmm I dunno - it was ok? It just felt very rushed - like they tried to fit SO much into one corrected" episode.... but I liked it. I must admit I'm kinda glad it's over now - one less show to have to rush home for now that the weather is improving and I just want to be outside!

I can't believe tomorrow is MAY - already? Where has the time gone? This year has flown by so quickly! AND a week from today is another Bank Holiday which means NO WORK!!!! Can't wait!

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Oops Sorry I accidentally deleted that post & had to repost so lost the commens. Here's a C&P

At 12:01 PM, Jack said...
I'm surprised you can't find frozen spinach. It does come in boxes, like in the U.S., but is usually sold in plastic bags and is shaped in little briquettes so you can measure it better. I use it all the time and get it from the frozen veg sections at any of the major stores..Tesco, Sainsbury's etc.


At 12:25 PM, Monique said...
Huh - guess I just wasn't looking hard enough then:) Or because the branches of Sainsbury's we have in my area is SO small - their selection is a bit grim. Good to know though!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I agree about The OC - by the time they got to Seth's wedding I felt like my head was spinning!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jack said...

I know what you mean about the small Sainsbury's. I wondered if you have read Kirstens Blog. A fellow US expat. She does a lot of US recipes using London sourced produce, and interestingly, She's just done one about frozen spinach. Hers is one of my favourite blogs and I highly recommend her, if only for the US recipes. Heres a link if you want to check out the spinach.

http://kristeninlondon.blogspot.com/2007/01/sorry-frozen-spinach.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker