Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hey! I put some new shoes on, and suddenly everything is right!

Last night we went back to Brixton Academy to see Paolo Nutini.

I think the words to his song 'New Shoes' are wonderful..... and I have followed them today by wearing some (kinda) new shoes and oh yes they do make me happy and everything is right!

'Hey, i put some new shoes on, and suddenly everything is right, i said, hey, i put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling, it so inviting, oh, short on money, but long on time, slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine, and I'm running late, and i don't need an excuse, 'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.'

He was pretty good! I admit I don't know tons of his songs, but he's a good little singer:) He hunches a LOT though and is SUCH a mumbler (partly his STRONG Scottish accent - partly his mumbling - but we couldn't understand ONE word when he was talking between songs).

I also REALLY like his songs 'Jenny don't be hasty' and 'Rewind.'

That darn Jenny song has been in my head for DAYSSSSSSSSSSSS now!

The opening band Ghost was pretty good too, the lead singer had a great voice!

After the concert I looked over and Lorraine and Murray were being interviewed by someone from Capital radio!!!!! She had a little tape recorder and was asking them questions... apparently it will be on from 4-6 today - will have to try to listen online!

And thankfully the crowd this time was SO SO SO much better than last week. Very crowded venue, but no one we saw was nasty and pushing and all that. We had a really great view and had a lovely time. Heather and I ended up getting right up on a the railing up at the side of the floor - so had a GREAT view!!!!! However Lorraine had the best view - RIGHT at the front! I sent her a text message that after the opening act, before Paolo came on, telling her to stick her arms up so we could see where she was - we were SHOCKED how close she was! Exciting! And thankfully we didn't see any more people getting hit by cars (did I mention that last Thursday we saw a girl get hit and then have to be carried to the side of the road??? scary!)

I will try to get some photos/videos on later....

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Vegemite Wife said...

OH my gosh - please tell me you are kidding about putting a video of a girl getting hit by a car!!!

Glad Paolo was great - missed him in Manchester.

Suze x

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm no big on reviews of bands I don't know, but I did like the rabbit with the pancake on his head :-)

Dad

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Ha ha - thanks Dad. I thought that picture of the rabbit was pretty funny!

And Suze.... !!! I don't have a video of THAT - as if I'd post that! ekkkkk
She did seem to be ok though, I think she was a bit drunk and just kinda fell into a car and it bumped her over (well I hope so - since the car drove off afterwards!) oh well.
Paolo WAS amazing though!!! You MUST see him next time he's in Manchester!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker