Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy St. George's Day!

Happy St. George's Day!



A few facts....


St. George is the patron saint of England.


His emblem, a red cross on a white background is the flag of England... and part of the British Flag.


St. George was a brave Roman soldier who protested against the Romans' torture of Christians and died for his beliefs.






Anyhow.............. it was a LOVELY weekend! I LOVE when the good weather holds out for Saturay and Sunday.... and then rain JUST holds on until Monday morning (like today)!


Friday - Sanjaya says Goodbaya (he he - yes Suz I stole that directly from your email!). Sanjaya finally finally went home on American Idol. Thank goodness, now this show can stop acting like a joke and Jordin can win!


Saturday was SUCH a nice day. We went into the city to go look at camera stuff, then walked down Oxford Street to check out the new Adidas store (disappointing). That end of Oxford Street has a massive M&S (grocery store), so we popped in and picked up some lovely picnic food! Then we walked over to Hyde Park and down to where we had a very nice view of the Serpentine (the lake in the Hyde Park). It was SO nice to have a spontaneous picnic! Although we had no picnic blanket, and limited plastic utensils, it was just SO nice! There was a brass band played down by the water (they were excellent) and a pontoon on the lake (what? I've never seen that before!) and I was silly and didn't wear comfortable shoes (WHAT was I thinking.... ah well..... but NO I will not get rid of them - they are SO pretty).


Yesterday we watched a bit of the London Marathon on tv and then went to the gym to workout and then Yoga too.... it was a different instructor this week and he was Excellent!!!! I loved that he gave us so many options... rather than just showing us the difficult versions and then watching as we struggled to dothe poses! By the way Murray .... I DID see that you mastered 'the Crane' and no I still can NOT do it :(



Caught up on the OC and ER last night..... ah dear! The OC - second to last episode - I must say I though it was kinda lame! I hope the last one is better! ER was SOOOOOOOOO depressing! I stopped watching years ago because it was such a downer, but now I'm all wrapped up in the characters again - I just can't look away. Very very upsetting episode though!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanjaya, Goodbya;I like that! It's about time for him to go. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker