Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, March 09, 2007

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe what I did today!

I switched coats this morning. Grabbed my train pass & my phone from the right pocket, not thinking to check the other pocket - as I usually don't keep anything in there. However last night I had put my house keys in my LEFT pocket after opening the door because I had a bunch of groceries weighing me down. Now I don't have my keys today, so I can't open my desk!!!!!!!!!! My coffee cup (ok not that big of a deal - but still!) is in there and my tea, and my calender, etc etc.

Not that big of a deal... but SO annoying:( I went and checked - there is no master key - so I'll just have to live with it. I think I'm going to attach my desk key to my work badge on Monday - at least that way I'll never be stuck with drinking gross machine made tea all day again - bleh!

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Tomorrow is niece Lorraine's 21st birthday celebrations (she has booked a space at the nightclub Murray and I met in (in 1999) - FUN)! We're also cathing up with her Mom and Dad and brother before hand for dinner, we haven't seen in years - so should be fun! And Sunday is the first meeting of the American 'Stitch and B!tch' group (ha ha, sorry - I think that name is hilarious)!

Last night I used my new fancy steamer for the first time. I even remembered to bring the recipe book with me to work so I could stop at the grocery store on the way home! I made salmon parcels. A piece of boneless and skinless salmon, wrapped in tinfoil with thin slices of red & orange peppers, thin slices of courgette (zucchini), spring onion and fresh dill (with a bit of butter on top). I had NEVER thought to put something wrapped in tin foil in the steamer before! I do that once & awhile in the stove - but in the steamer? It worked beautifully though - tasted so fresh and lovely. YAY I'll be using that thing ALL the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Friday!Tell Lorraine HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us Yankees!
What kind of steamer do you have?
I'm off to a "scrapbooking" weekend - wish me luck!
Love you,
Aunt Joni

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Monique said...

I will let her know Joni - thanks!
The steamer was my b-day gift from my parents - hmmm I can't remember the brand name - Tefal I think? It's SO nice! We steam all the time, but had been using a gross old pot one that you put on the stove - this one is SO SO much better! Have a great time scrapbooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker