Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Jack, Nina, CTU, etc

Spanish went well last night.

Although it's getting a bit more difficult now! Last night he had us spend the first half an hour writing out what our favourite meal to cook is, why we like it, and how to make it. Needless to say it was difficult with my limited vocabulary. I described lasagna. The class did laugh a bit though when I described how to put the pasta, cheese and meet and veggie layers in a dish and then 'repeat many times.' It was the only way I could think of to describe layering, ha ha.

Next week we will start learning how to use verbs in the past and future - EKKKKKK! I think I am going to go and buy a verb dictionary this week. My little dictionary gives me the definitions of the verbs, but not the conjugations. How am I supposed to know which ones are irregular - and if I am doing it right without a book to assure me?

Anyhow, I'm enjoying it! The class is officially half way done now - 5 more classes to go!

Last night we managed to fit in 1 episode of '24' (after watching the newest episode of 'The OC' of course). The OC was great last night though - I loved how they had Ryan deal with his grief about Marissa by having him and Taylor in a type of alternate reality. Totally out there - but funny and interesting!

24 was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow we are totally addicted to that show. However I think from now on we should not discuss the show on the bus anymore. I turned to Murray this morning and said 'Oh my gosh, can you believe Nina cut the throat of that guy with a credit card!' Then (not surprisingly I guess) I got a LOT of strange looks from people sitting near me - oops! Ha ha, it is a great show though!

The buses were against me this morning. As I turned the corner to walk towards the bus stop I saw it just pulling away TEN MINUTES EARLY!!!! This is a big deal, because the bus only comes once every half an hour. Traffic must have been light because school kids in our area are on holiday this week. Still though - coming that early is just NOT fair :( So I caught a different bus to the bridge, and just as I was getting off I saw that the bus in front of us was the bus I needed to be on to get to the station. I quickly starting running towards it just as it pulled away - great. Oh well, I was only 15 minutes late to work, but still! So annoying!

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you, but the OC is dead. American's stopped watching it last season and their final episode is next week.

This news makes me happy :)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Oh I know Marcus - I heard that awhile ago. I think that's why I'm enjoying this season so much - because although there's really not much they can really do with the storyline anymore, it's still a good night soap:) I can see why they cancelled it though - without one of the main characters it just lost it's focus!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger j+h in cologne said...

omg, i can't believe the busses depart EARLY! thats is totally not fair! how annoying. more so i have the problem with late trains, but early would be FAR worse b/c you could never plan for it. yuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker