Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

GOOD MORNING!

It's the little things that make you happy....

Three and a half weeks ago when I moved into this new office I brought in a mug from home because they only have plastic cups in this new kitchen (and they are TINY!)
That night I washed it, and set it on my desk. The next morning it was GONE! I figured the cleaners had probably picked it up and put it in the dishwasher. But I checked - it wasn't in the dishwasher, or in the cupboards - it was GONE! For the past few weeks I have looked in the dishwasher & cupboards every day and kept an eye out for it to no avail.

This morning while walking to my desk, I saw a guy walk past me towards the kitchen HOLDING MY MUG. I quickly followed him into the kitchen and said 'Excuse me, but where did you find that mug'?

He answered that he found it in the cupboard. I said that it was mine, and that it had gone missing off my desk 3 weeks ago. He informed me that the cleaners would have brought it into the kitchen to wash, he found it there so has been using it, and that I should have locked it in my desk.

Ok, yes fine, I understand that now (that I should lock my cup in my desk). But WHY did he take it then? It wasn't his.

So anyhow, I stood there as he finished washing it and took it back - YAY! (and then I went & washed it again before I used it - gross - I can't believe someone would just steal a cup that wasn't theres - the nerve!)


Also, last night at the gym I listened to the first of my learn Spanish cd's which was great! Although I did get some strange looks while I was repeating 'Quiero comer porque tengo hambre.' he he
(I want to eat because I am hungry).

Oh well - most people have headphones on & can't hear me anyway..... :)

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lock your coffee cup in your desk at night?! Good grief!
Es muy stupido!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Ewww, the 'cup incident' happened to me years ago at my office, except I never got mine back. The person using it claimed they got it from the breakroom and that it was their new favorite mug. I'm glad you got yours back at least. :)

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah sad but true......... i've always kept my mug in my desk, you just never know what people do with them..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker