Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

OH MY GOODNESS

I admit it - I have been a bit addicted to mince pies this year. I just LOVE those things. The buttery pastry, the lovely fruit inside - and they're only about the size of your palm (usually) - just perfect for a Christmasy snack!

A friend of mine who knows of my obsession sent me this.....
(from Reuters)

Santa dons hardhat after mince pie attack

LONDON (Reuters) - Father Christmas was forced to swap his traditional red and white hat for protective headgear after children pelted him with mince pies in Scotland.

Santa was hit on the head by pastries thrown from a balcony as he handed out gold chocolate coins at a shopping center in the town of Paisley, near Glasgow, at the weekend.

"Health and safety is paramount," center manager Andrew MacKinnon said Wednesday. "We issued him with a yellow hardhat equipped with a pair of reindeer antlers to make it look more festive."

He said a gang of local "neds," or yobs, threw the pies before running off. Last year, the centre's Father Christmas was set upon by youths calling a him a "fraud and a fake."

Oh my gosh that is funny! Those naughty little boys! But then you have to admit - the thought of Santa wearing a hard hat to prevent a mince pie attack???? Hilarious!

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to send you an e-greeting but didn't have your email address, so I am wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Have a great holiday! :)
- Raquel

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one Mo, i too love the old mince pies (tarts) whatever you want to call them, i eagerly wait every 12 months for them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker