Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Lovely Weekend - Feeling Christmasy now!

Had a very nice weekend.
Friday night we went out to our local Indian restaurant for a meal to celebrate our 7 years of meeting:)
It was a lovely meal, and great company. Murray wrote gave me a lovely card that made me cry. I'm so lucky to be with such a fantastic guy!!!!

Saturday we went in to Oxford Street for a bit of shopping. However when we got there it was CHAOS! We didn't realize that this was the weekend they shut down the entire street to traffic so people could shop til they dropped! Thousands and thousands of people were there. It was fun though, we got what we needed and saw some great street performers!

The Vodaphone Kombi they had playing some tunes for the shoppers

High tech!


We came down the street and saw these balloons down at street level, suddenly they went up with ladies attached!

There were 3 of them, and they did all sorts of acrobatic moves while music was playing
It was really stunning!


Saturday evening Lorraine came over.

Murray and Lorraine having fun with candy corn




And we went ice skating at Kew Gardens! It was really fun. The rink was quite small, and there were a bunch of guys who were out of control flying around the rink, but we had a nice time. By the way - well done Lorraine on mastering skating in just 1 hour! (it was her first time and she picked it up straight away)!

Me & Murray

Lorraine and I getting our skates on (what's with the ski boots? weird!)

Me, Murray & Lorraine

The Palm House at Kew Gardens - pretty!

Skate, skate, skate! (and I'm happy to report none of us fell - YAY)

And some pictures of our tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tree (sorry I couldn't figure out how to edit the TV out of the photo - opps!)

The tree lit up - it may be fake - but I must say I think it looks pretty darn good!

A little Christmas Koala - ahhhhhhhh

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Hello - I've been lurking at your site for a while - I've come by way of Beth (Shenanigans)'s site. I'm heading to London on Wednesday - I hope Oxford will be like this again this Saturday! :)

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tree and koala are so cute! Love the decorations.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Great pictures!
I really should just go out and have some fun and then too have some pictures to put up on my blog... but for now, all I do is work, and trust me, those pictures aren't fun to watch...

Take care

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I cannot believe you went to Oxford St!!! The paper said there were over a million people there!

You're tree is precious and I love the pic of Murray and Lorraine :) How did you like skating at Kew? That's where we went last year...

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Monique said...

HI MS Adventures! Have a great time in Oxford:)

And Heather - we loved it! It was a bit croweded, but still good fun. Granted I have nothing to compare it to as it was the first time I have been skating here - I'd love to try another more central rink before the season is over:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker