Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hola Gordos!

Spanish class last night was fantastic. May have partly been because I brought along a starbucks chai latte (I nearly fell asleep on the train ride there - needed something)!!! Or maybe it was because there was only 6 of us there and the instructor was funny, easy to understand, and explained everything well (finally)!

One funny thing - she said that in South America people often greet their friends by saying Hola Gordo! which literally means Hello Fattie. She said it's a term of endearment though. Hmmmm I'll take her word for it (she's from Argentina) but I think instead I'll stick with Hola chico or Hola amigo!


SQUIRREL!

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm saving up the Griswalds for next week. I can't wait!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Griselda said...

Hi!

She's totally right. It's a very argentinean thing to say, though. But when I read that, I was like, huh, that's a very argentinean way of saying it! (I'm from argentina). People in argentina wouldn't get offended. Maybe people from other countries would, I don't know. I think it depends on HOW you say it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker