Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Almost Friday????

Last night we went for a Christmas dinner with friends at our favourite Italian place Il MasCalzone. Gosh I love their pasta, pizza and service!!!

Before dinner I popped into the gym - also know as the Fulham Freezer. Oh my gosh - it was SO cold! After 20 minutes on the cross trainer with really cold air blowing on me, I went down to the desk and asked the girl if the air conditioning was on cause my toes were numb it was so cold! She promised to check on it, so I headed back up to continue to try to warm up.

This morning I was dismayed when the handle for the hot water on our shower came off in my hand. Looks like there's a screw that holds it in place and after many years of wear it just broke. So, no clean hair for me today - which is pretty annoying! Thank goodness there's a handman coming over the Christmas break - yet another thing to add to the list for him!

I'm a bit worried about our flight to Minnesota tomorrow. The fog here is SO thick it's unbelievable!!!
This is what they're saying on the Heathrow Airport website:

'The Met Office has today issued guidance that the dense and, in some places, freezing fog is set to continue over coming days. Passengers intending to fly in the next few days are strongly advised to check with their airlines on the status of their flight before departing for the airport. A total of 350 flights were cancelled yesterday and we are forecasting a similar number of cancellations today (21 December).'

Although I did hear on the news last night that it's mostly short haul and domestic flights that are being cancelled, so HOPEFULLY - fingers crossed - we should be ok. We will probably just be delayed a bit.

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got to my computer (after 2 days) and first off THANK YOU for the anniversary wishes! We spent our 25th anniversary watching our boys in their sports (both were victorious) and fine dining on popcorn and gatorade! Aaaaah so romantic! Wouldn't want it any other way!
Secondly, there's a snow storm coming into Minnesota... so watch our weather too! Check out www.wcco.com for updates on the radar. Our zip code is 55013
Will see you soon! Can't wait!
Love ya!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the flights, and have a GREAT time in Minnesota and Mexico! Merry Christmas!

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mo, I finally figured out how to actually comment on here. After all this time, it finally made sense to me! :) Hope your flight went well, have fun in Mexico! I am so jealous. Not to mention my Mom is in Florida (your spanish word meaning "bloom") and I am not! Have a good one!
Love
Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker