Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving / Christmas in Minnesota :)

Ok first of all, travelling into work today was a NIGHTMARE! A few of the tube lines were suspended so it took me THREE HOURS to get into work. fun fun
Now, back to my MINNESOTA TRIP REVIEW!
I got in late last Wednesday night. The flight was GREAT because I got 2 seats to myself, so I could sort of stretch out to sleep. I also saw some good movies that I hadn't seen before: The Lake House and My Super Ex Girlfriend (both were good).
Thursday morning we headed up to my aunt and uncle's house for the Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration (we decided to celebrate early this year) with my Dad's side of the family. Unfortunely my parent's digital camera died just as the first picture was about to be taken though!!! So if anyone has some pictures (Joni??? Jani??? Julie???) please email them to me!!!! The get together was GREAT fun - so so nice to see everyone!
Friday morning we went next door to my aunt and uncle's house for the Christmas celebration with my Mom's side of the family. We had a FANTATSIC brunch specially prepared by my auntie Joni. Then we opened presents.

Me with my sisters (from left): Megan, Me, Mariah & Mandie

Me opening Christmas pressies

Family portrait - the girls & my brother Marcus.

This picture is a bit dark -me with my cousin Jenny (isn't she gorgeous!)

Mariah cleaning up the TONS of used wrapping paper
cousin Johnny with his new tattoo

After brunch we went home for a nap and relaxation time (we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and A Christmas Story). Also we opened our family gifts (Mom, Dad, me, my sisters & brother).

At 4pm we went back next door for our annual family tradition - we made Swedish Potato Sausage.

Joni and I with our leinekugal honeyveiss beer

(don't know why I wore an apron since all I did was chop 2 onions!)

Mom's cousin Brian and brother Marcus grinding some potatoes & onions

Mariah and Marcus mixing the spice into the 30 pounds of meat!

Grandma Sis and her sister-in-law Shirley

The casings for the sausages (cow intestines - ewwwww)

Me & Mom (I'm wearing the necklace Grandma gave me for XMas - gorgeous!)

John and Dad trying to get the first casing on

Sausage links!

And the collection of nutcrackers!

Overall it was a great trip, lots of fun, great to see people and LOTS of great memories:)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bowl of empty entrails...nice

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots!! We miss you already! Next time bring Murray so he can indulge in the entrails as well!!! :)
I wore my new outfit (I was the lucky one who had Monique draw my name!) all day Sunday (to church, grocery shopping, & even to watch football in my own house) because it is SO so stylish! I look so European and vogue! Thanks Mo - I LOVE it!! and you!

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I'm glad you had a good time. :)

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monique,
Can't believe how fast you got your pictures online and ready to go. It was wonderful having you home;we all miss you! It was such a whirlwind trip and hard to believe we packed it all in one weekend. Love you, Mom

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea people made their own sausage! You guys look a lot more competent than Paris and Nicole did. ;) Looks like a great trip!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Admin said...

ur mom looks so gorgeous..u guys are a big family...i am looking forward for my dad to come down this christmas.. do come over to my blog to celebrate this joyous christmas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker