Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Nice Weekend!

Friday night I finally made it back to the gym, then went home and watched the Movie 'Mean Girls.' Wow, so funny, much much better then I thought it would be!

Saturday was crazy shopping lady day! I went to the post office and the bank in the morning, then caught a bus into central London for some last minute Christmas shopping. I was SO SO pleased with myself that I only had to go to two stores and got everything that I needed. AND I had 2 D-List celebrity spottings. I saw Natasha from the band Atomic Kitten on Park Lane, and then I saw Amy Lame ,an American comic, in M&S on Oxford Street.

I had a lovely bus ride back to Putney as well. Rather than read my book (I'm having trouble getting into it) I just looked out the window the whole way back. I had one of those ' I LOVE LONDON' days. So many gorgeous old buildings, stunning parks, great shops, ahhhhhhh.

Saturday evening I met up with Heather for a LOVELY dinner (Jambalaya yum!) and we went to see The Devil Wears Prada. I loved it! Clever and very entertaining movie:)

Sunday I got up early and went for a hair cut. I went to the same stylist as before, and we started off on a better note when he called me Monique (last time he called me Veronica the whole time). I explained what I wanted, showed him a picture too. Then he cut, and it wasn't as I asked, so asked him to do a bit more. He wasn't happy about it, so kinda rushed the second cutting, but I'm happy with the result. Geez I wish I could have someone blow dry my hair every day for me though!!! I can NEVER make it look that nice, thus way I slept carefully on it last night so I could make it last one more day!

Sunday afternoon I met Heather again for a fun trip to 'Bejewelled by Tiffany, 1837-1987 Exhibition. It was great!
WOW dark picture! On the left, my HUGE magnifying glass (for viewing the jewels) and the exhibition booklet (which was excellent)!

We did get in trouble for taking pictures (opps - but we weren't taking any of the jewels, just of us standing by the pictures on the walls). This little blurb I thought was funny.

The GIGANTIC Christmas tree in Covent Garden. JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 days until I leave for Minnesota.......

And....

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY Emma (my Mother and Father-in-law's puppy)

And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE D. in Minnesota :)

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated - it's 43 degrees celsius on my parents back porch, in the shade. Not for the faint hearted that's for sure. There's no fannying about over here in Oz - it's summer - so it's HOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker