Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, November 10, 2006

MY POOR POOR TV :(

Please say a little prayer - our tv died yesterday. It's been acting funny all week, turning on and off on it's own, making funny noises and sometimes only showing a picture on 3/4 of the screen. Now all it does when you press the on button is buzz, sounds a bit like a mouse. So I said to Murray - now what do we do? He's sick - so doesn't want to talk or play a game, I already read for a few hours on public transport so didn't want to do that. We ended up watching The Producers dvd on his laptop (which is excellent by the way - Matthew Broderick rocks)!

But oh my gosh - we need to get it fixed or replaced or WHATEVER ASAP. I'm becoming hysterical here! On the way to the bus this morning I stuck my face up against the window of local appliance repair/sales/rental shop. We need to find out TODAY what the cheapest option is - fix it, replace it or rent a new tv. But I tell you one thing - we MUST have a television by Sunday darn it - we cannot miss the TV show the Sopranos!!!! It's a series - and the LAST one ever - and if you miss one episode then it's all ruined. Oh no, oh no, oh no, woe is me.

Oh, and I'm not a TV addict - really - I promise:)


Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE in MINNESOTA (tomorrow)! Hope you have a great B-Day weekend:)

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our TV actually died on Wed. It gave a little on and off life, spluttered and coughed then died. It was on Thursday morning it made squeeking mouse noises. When teh on button was tested. Maybe we have a couple of those dreaded 'Fulham' mice in our TV hiding from their previous 'owners'?

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes and the lovely card! We are planning a night out full of good food and polka dancing at Gasthof's in NE Minneapolis! I can't believe we were in London with you a year ago. We miss you guys!
Good luck getting your tv problem solved, I know what you are going through, I hate missing tv. Don't you miss the days of having more than one tv in your house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker