Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is it only Tuesday - Really?

Last night Murray and I went to the doctor. I thought I might be coming down with what he had. However the doctor assured me that my tonsils are a little swollen, but I do not have anything that would require antibiotics. Just need to keep taking vitamins, get to bed early and take it easy. Murray is looking better as well which is good!

I see Michael Jackson arrived here in London yesterday. He is performing tomorrow night at the World Music Awards - which is being held JUST down the road from where we live! I would love to go actually, but I just don't think the performance is worth £60. I guess this is the first time he has performed in the UK in 9 years - and is singing Thriller - ohhhhhh I bet it will be good! He may be a surgery obsessed goof, but he is a legend and it would be fun to see him on stage just once!

Also, I read in the paper this morning that 31.1 percent of London's population was born overseas - WOW! Apparently there are 58,000 Americans living here - up 22,000 from 1997. Where are they all living??? I sure had no idea there were that many! We are the 8th biggest population of people not born in this country, but living in London. Ahead of us is (in order from 1-7) Bangladesh, India, Russia, Poland, Ghana, Sri Lanka, and South Africa. I LOVE that this city is so diverse! Just AMAZING to think!

AND can I just say I'm amazed that there are more Americans in London than Australians (49,000) - I am REALLY surprised by that figure!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO my Mother-in-law!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wishes from London to Australia :)





8 days and counting.....

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are more yanky doodles here 'cause they don't have the beaches we have. ;-)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Glad you're not getting sick, what with all our upcoming festivities!

And I respectfully beg to differ with "anonymous" :) If there's one thing I miss about living in the states, it's the awesome east coast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker