Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, October 27, 2006

People don't bake in London

Last night in preparation for some friends coming over tonight I decided to make mini cheese cakes (using the mix my Mom & Dad brought over from the states). Thus, I needed cup cake holders (or 'cases' as they are called over here). I went to 4 yes FOUR different groceries stores.... and this is all I could find!

But I didn't want to make teeny tiny cheese cakes, but cupcake sized cheesecakes. :(

When I got home I peeked in our cupboard just to see if I by chance did have some left over from the last time I made something in a cupcake holder a LONG time ago and lo and behold I found THESE!!!!

THANK GOODNESS! The personal cheese cakes turned out perfectly. I love that they're the perfect size for 1 person and they look so cute! I even tried one out last night - just to make sure they tasted ok - he he.

I was however happy to see at the grocery store that Halloween is becoming a bigger deal over here in the UK. When I moved here 5 years ago I'm pretty sure they didn't have as much Halloween themed stuff as they do now. YAY! I got a bag of these for our Spanish class & one for work next week, because that's as close to 'celebrating' Halloween as I'm gonna get.

The only thing left now is to buy a pumpkin! I wanted to get one last night, but didn't want to have to lug it home on top of all the other bags I got. I DID however see that Waitrose will sell you the pumpkin in a cute Halloween box and it comes with the stuff to carve it - FUN!

Ahhhhhh but Christmas is coming as well - you know it's that time of the year when Starbucks brings out the red cups!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Monique! The RED cups are coming...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Starbucks eggnog lattes. I can't get enough of them...steaming hot with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Oh how I love this time of year. Have a great weekend! ;)

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cone Cups?? Glad to hear that you shared your cheese cake. That was generous of you. I sure enjoy reading your adventures and misadventures. Happy Halloween. Love Yah, Mom

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've always had halloween in England. It's the trick or treat thing thats new. That has become more popular due to the influence on young kids of the amount of US TV shows we now get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker