Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

London Sardines

Last night I decided to go to the gym, even though I knew there was a Chelsea football game on. Big mistake! When I got up to the platform it was packed - I was about 4 people back from the edge. So when the crowd surged forward I didn't even attempt to get on. The next train that came was also pretty full, but I was only 2 people back from the edge, so I thought I could probably get on. Nope. The people around me pushed so much that I ended up getting wedged back even further. Third train comes and I'm determined to get on. So I pushed along with everyone else and got onto the carriage. However, the people behind me KEPT on pushing after the train was already really really full. So when the doors closed I was literally smashed between two people on the most crowded train I have ever been on. It was so packed I didn't have to worry about holding onto something. No one was going to fall over when the train moved because we were so wedged together that we just swayed as a group. I could just barely get my hand up to pull my hair out of my eyes. The guy next to me laughed and asked how my book was. I said I guess I don't know since there's no room to even hold it up!

You know what the worst part is? I can get past having to be squished up against strangers (I have been here for nearly 5 years after all). However the thing that still grosses me out is when people breath on you. Weird, I know. But once we got a bit more space at the next stop when a few people got off, this one guy didn't back off much and his breath was going right on my face - ewwwwww.

Anyhow, got to the station where my gym is (which also happens to be the station where the football stadium is). It was madness! Tons & tons & tons of people. I quickly skirted around the side of the shopping centre to get up to where the escalator to the gym is. On the way I saw a huge crowd gathering right in front of the shopping centre - so I glanced over to see what was going on as I went by. A couple of policemen stood around a guy who was face down on the payment, handcuffed and screaming obsenities. A policeman was yelling at him to stop swearing and stop kicking them. Oh gosh, I hate to say it but, those Chelsea supporters are a scary rough group!

When I got up to the gym it was great, like a nice quiet, peaceful safe haven. That was, until I did my 'body pump' class. They have new songs for the routines which were fantastic - lots of great 90's tunes that I love. Although I did discover my triceps are still the weakest muscle I have while trying to keep up to the routine performed to

'Pump up the jam Pump it up
While your feet are stompin'
And the jam is pumpin'
Look at here the crowd is jumpin'
Pump it up a little more
Get the party going on the dance floor
Seek us that's where the party's at
And you'll find out if you're too bad
I don't want a place to stay
Get your boody on the floor tonight
Make my day
I don't want a place to stay
Get your boody on the floor tonight
Make my day Make my day Make my day Make my day Make my day Yo!'

And just because - how cute is this picture!

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Awwww... I want one of those doggies :)

All those people would have sent me into quite a panic attack-- good for you for not giving up and turning around!
Kim

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could se Muz doing the "squat" to that song ;-) hahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker