Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good old London town

Ahhhh it feels good to be back in London (even though we were only away for 3 nights)!
Munich felt like such a small place compared to London. It was wonderful though!!!

Other good memories from this past weekend that I forgot to write about yesterday

1. Taking a spin on the 'wheel' which was a giant spinning platform in the centre of this tiny arena. Groups of people who had their sex and age group in common would gather onto it and hold on for dear life as it began to spin. You sat in the centre with your legs facing outwards - the faster it spun the more people were thrown off. Murray has a video of my being thrown off quite early on (I wasn't using my feet enough)! I ended up holding onto some girl's ankles until I was tossed off into the padding around the ring. So last night I could see I had been left a bit worse for wear from the experience - bruised elbows & knees! We just thought it was hilarious - no health & safety in sight! The few people that were left on in the end were also bombarded with a giant ball attached to a rope (that was swung at their heads) and a few guys throwing lasso's tried to grab them and pull them off. BIZARRE!

2. We had some fab Italian food Sunday night. It did feel a bit funny to be eating Italian food in Germany but that point I just could NOT face another sausage. Especially nice that they were also playing Rocky movies while we ate - Mr. T and a great pizza = fun night!

3. Litre beers are nice for the novelty factor - but by the time you get down even half way (as you cannot drink fast if you are there for a long time) it always ends up being quite warm. Not nice.

4. Last night as I sat surrounded by my pile of used tissues (I have a cold) I was pondering - why do I have a cold? Then I remembered Sunday morning - while we sat around waiting for our first beer to be served at 9AM it was SO SO cold! I was shivering and my teeth were chattering! (I DID have a long sleeved shirt, jeans and tennis shoes on - it was just cold man)! We actually bought those hats to keep warm (ok, maybe not - but they did work well at keeping the heat in). Oh well, it was worth it. I just hope this stuffy head clears up by Friday though when my parents arrive in London back from their holiday in Italy!

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma Sis has a stuffy nose too!! But I don't think hers is from litre beers!!!! :)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Whoa, I passed through Munich two days ago! Yep, you're right, it's a lovely town, but I get the "great to be back home" wibe... on the other hand, the lesser time I spend at home, the better I feel...! :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Heart of Darkness - NO WAY! I wonder if we saw each other at the airport? LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker