Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, October 13, 2006

do do - do do - do do - Friday the 13th

That 'do do' stuff was the 'creepy music' running through my head - he he.

I read this in the paper this morning:
Today could be the unluckiest day for more than 450 years. Not only is it Friday the 13th, but the numeric notation of the date also adds up to 13.
Whichever way around the date is written - 13/10/2006 or 2006/10/13 - the digits add up to 13. The last time 13 coincided in this way was Friday January 13, 1520.

I don't really believe in all of the unlucky Friday the 13th stuff, but I thought that was interesting!

Looking forward to the weekend, this has felt like the longest week EVER! Tomorrow Abby is coming over. Sunday Lorraine is coming by to catch up. I'm thinking maybe we'll go shopping - it's about time to go and pick up a winter coat - it's getting CHILLY! This morning I wrapped up nice and warm so I wouldn't freeze again waiting for the bus. However my hands were chilly, sadly I think I may need to dig out our bag of hats & gloves & scarves from the storage space upstairs this weekend. Winter is definitely on it's way!

However, I'm in a great mood this morning because:
1. Got to bed really really early - I can't remember the last time I had MORE than 8 hours of sleep - felt GREAT!
2. The bus came on time so I only had to wait a few minutes
3. There's a starbucks on my way to work now, and there's nothing better than a tall (small) skinny (skim milk) chai tea latte in the morning. It warms me up and makes me happy cause I LOVE the taste!
4. I love that there's a heated room on the platform where I wait for the train. I think ALL the platforms should have those - it is FABULOUS!
5. Because I went early I got a seat on the train - ahhh the simple pleasures in life. Earlier this week I had a starbucks, my paper, and no seat. It was terrible trying to drink my tea, hold and read my paper, and hold on to a pole so I didn't fall over.
6. I got into work half an hour early, so I can leave early - YAY! All this week I've been trying to catch the early bus so rather than being 10 minutes late (it used to get me here exactly on time - but now because of school traffic it's slower) I get in 10-30 minutes early which is fab!
7. It's FRIDAY! TGIF :)

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

My mum's born on the 13th, and every now and then, she ends up having birthday on Friday the 13th... yeah, that's funny! Especially since Grams is freaked about Friday the 13th - one day, mum lost it and told Grams she should have sat with her legs crossed for at least one more day... :)


Personally, I think you fulfill what you expect - if you expect it to be horrible, it will be. Pepper, pepper - knock on wood! ;)

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a "lucky" Friday the 13th! Oh, and yay for a Starbucks being on your way to work now. Luckily in NYC, there is one on every corner. LOL.

Enjoy your weekend! :)

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo- to get even better taste AND feel healthier about your starbucks... get your chai latte with soy milk! I absolutely LOVE it and soy is so good for you too!
Love ya!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monique,

I love Starbucks so much, also that cute American boy that works there! Where is your blog today? I am upset that it isnt there!!! :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker