Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Strange - starting to feel like summer again!

I had a nice relaxing weekend.
Saturday I actually made it to an afternoon class at the gym (a HUGE feat for me)! That evening we stayed home to watch the VMA's (MTV's video music awards). Jack Black did a poor job presenting, and I didn't like a lot of the performances. Justin Timberlake did a great job though.

Sunday American food shopping at Panzers in St. John's Wood (north west London). It felt like a treasure hunt, each aisle had some UK and some US foods. SO exciting! So, I bought a few reasonably priced things, and one or two ridiculous priced things. I just had to stop converting the prices in my head. I'm ashamed to say I paid £3.80 for a boxof Triscuits (about $7).
Eeeekkkkkk. Oh well, they were REALLY nice to snack on on the way home:)
After the shopping I had a nice pint of cider with some fellow Americans which was great fun:)
Oh - and reason for the title of my blog - it was SO warm yesterday! Felt great! And the paper said today it's going to get up to 25c (80f). WOW, in September? We deserve it though after a not so nice August!

Most of my American food bounty!

Last night we stopped by the best Italian restaurant in London - Il MazCalzone. Love the food, love the service, love the low prices! And some friends of ours just happened to be there at the exact same time! Made for nice chatty dinner:)

And now, here are a few belated pictures of the flowers Murray gave me last weekend

Lillies & Roses

Gladiolas, sunflowers & exotic flowers


This is the Nemi cartoon from the paper this morning - I just thought it fit today SO well!

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to be one more ta-da summery day here in MN for Labor Day. No working... YAY!
We saw a fantastic looking recipe on the news this morning for bbq-ed steaks (cowboy style complete with a rub) so I'm off to get some good thick rib eyes at the store (hope it's open!).
Finished school shopping for the boys yesterday (I hope!) They kept reminding me that I'm lucky that they're not girls and that they can wear the same size (except that Kyle's almost 4" taller than Johnny). A couple t-shirts, some polos and 2 pants and they were good to go!!! whew!

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got my new computer hooked up...felt lost without the link for communication. Anyway, lovely flowers. Were they for a special occasion? Your loud neighbors sound very rude. I like Auntie Joni's ideas for remedy-especially making lots of noise early in the morning. $7 for crackers- bring a big, empty bag when you come home and we will fill it up. Summery day- dad and I sat outside and read our books until sunset- it was just absolutely gorgeous outside. Love you, miss you. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker