Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, September 25, 2006

A quick jaunt to the palace...

Saturday we babysat Abigail which was great fun. I forgot to take any photos though - opps! All of the sudden now she is a chatter box! When Eva arrived to pick her up Abby got up and performed a few numbers for us, including I'm a little tea pot - SO SO cute!
Saturday night we went out with Murray's friend Karen who's in town for a week. It was fun to see her and we had a fun night out with her & her friends.

Yesterday I went to Buckingham Palace by myself to see the state rooms and the special exhibition for the Queen's 80'th birthday - 80 of her gowns on display. I've been meaning to go for years, but as it is only open a few short months a year I always ended up missing it. So as it finishes for the season this coming Tuesday, I figured I better get in! It was great - I'm glad I went. You get to see a selection of 'state' rooms which are the rooms the Queen uses for entertaining. Granted, you don't get to see all that much of the palace, and the tickets were a bit overpriced, but I'm still glad I went.

View of the palace as I exited

Gorgeous chandeliers!

The gown exhibition was the best part - SO SO SO many beautiful dresses!

They were dresses from the 1940's onwards - this close up one on the right was stunning.

After finishing at the palace I had an hour to kill before meeting with friends so I did a bit of shopping. I love Covent Garden - so many good shops and such a cute area:)

I met up with Lorraine and Heather in the afternoon to queue up to see a taping of the Sharon Osbourne Show. I'm glad we got there early as there were already quite a few people in line when we got there. The buzz in the line was that we might be seeing David Beckham, as we saw a commercial the day before that said he'd be on the show that week. When we got as we were being 'warmed up' by a comedian I was keeping and eye on the teleprompter to see who the guests would be. When I saw the name David Beckham come up I grabbed Heather's knee and screamed a little, causing her to also scream. He he. Everyone turned around to stare at us - but who cares - to see him - and A list star would be fantastic. Turned out he was not actually there (very very disappointing) it was just a clip of her earlier interview with him. Oh well. Sharon's a pro - they filmed 'as live' which meant it was quick and only shot once. She had Sunita from the X Factor (our Simon Cowel pop idol type show), some soap actress (no idea who she is), some of the bad performers from the X Factor auditions, and 2 kids who grew a quarter of a ton pumpkin. It was fun - quick taping - great format - I quite enjoyed it:)

OH and of course the most important thing about today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my twin aunties Joni & Jani! :)

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to go see The Queen? I can't decide if I want to or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker