Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mo Sack of Potatoes

Last night we went to a viewing of our photos from the session we did last week. We got there 20 minutes early, thinking maybe we could get in and out a bit early (as we both were really tired). After waiting for nearly half an hour they came out and said they were running about 15 minutes late, and that if we wanted to wait in the pub next door they'd call us when they were ready. Forty five minutes later, we had finished a drink and chatted for awhile and finally went back to the studio - they STILL had not finished. By this time I was upset - we had an APPOINTMENT - and they keep us waiting for an hour - not good.

Eventually we got into the viewing room and as a goodwill gesture she upgrade our free photo from the tiny 5x7 to the slightly bigger 8x10. We sat through one viewing of the 30 best photos from our session, then on the second viewing we selected which ones we did NOT want. Turned out there were less than half a dozen decent ones, and in the end only 3 that we liked. After much deliberation we decided to get one really nice pose and one goofy pose. The nice photo is me leaning back on Murray, just shows mostly our faces. At first when we first looked at it I rejected it because one of my eyes was super squinty and looked lopsided, but thanks to the magic of photoshop software she was able to fix my eye so I didn't look like a monster. We got that photo as the 8x10 - it's actually a really nice casual photo - I love it!

We also decided to buy one photo (even though we had promised ourselves that we wouldn't buy anything)! But this photo was just SO SO unique - we both loved it. It's a picture of Murray holding me like a sack of potatoes over his shoulder. I have a scary (oh my gosh I'm upside down) look on my face, but Murray looks great and it's a fun unique photo. I can't wait to see the finished product - which we should get in a few months she said. What we really wanted was to buy one of the amazing mounted photos, but as they start at £500 for a 12x12 photo, which just seems VERY overpriced. Shame, cause the examples they had were absolutely gorgeous. Oh well.
Turns out I only have one photo of Lorraine's moving in day - but I think it's cute! This is the mug she bought for her room (you know how the Brits love their tea)! Looking forward to seeing her this weekend, I've set aside a set of 2 bowls, 2 small plates, 2 large plates, 2 mugs, 2 forks - knives - and spoons, and maybe a few other things for her to bring back to her dorm room. Fun fun!

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lorraine looks adorable as ever and happy! Tell her we all say hi!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker