Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Lovely Warm Weekend

Saturday we baby-sat Abigail all day. Although I was exhausted when Eva came at 5 to pick her up, it was a really enjoyable day. We took Abby to the shopping centre and let her look around the toy store (as soon as we entered the centre she pointed & smiled - she knows EXACTLY where that store is)! However, I was really impressed with her, this was the first time we have been able to leave the toy store without her getting upset. When she was finished playing a little bit with almost everything on display she grabbed my hand and walked out the door. When we got outside she looked up at me and said 'wee wee' (that's when I remembered I was supposed to be reminding her often - asking if she had to go - opps). She hasn't had many outings using a 'real' potty yet. But, all went well. I was really just impressed that she told ME:) Then we went home and I fed her her lunch while she zoned out watching Ice Age 2 (again)! We were going to go to the park, but it ended up being a cloudy afternoon, so we stayed in. After lunch she looked at me with a very serious face and said 'Me Mo' (with me looking at her saying 'what?'). She kept saying it over and over - finally I realized she was saying Nemo - and I had to disappoint her by saying we do not have that movie:) She also now regularly says 'Nique' and 'Mooray' which is SO cute.

Later on she put Murray's socks to bed (by unloading an entire drawer of his socks and putting them all under the covers to 'sleep' in our bed). And she tried on every bracelet I own while putting on lipstick in a mirror - very cute. Here's one photo Murray took of her. I have a ton of cute ones on my phone - but due to the Sopranos going so late last night I didn't have a chance to transfer the photos to his phone. I'll try to get some more photos posted tomorrow.


Saturday evening we went out to dinner with my mother and father-in-law's friends from West Virginia. They called us Saturday morning to say they were VERY upset as their luggage had not yet arrived. Having no comb and no change of clothes put quite a damper on their first day in London. However, thankfully their suitcases showed up just before we were due to meet them and boy were they relieved (30 hours without any provisions in a new city - not a fun experience)! We had a nice dinner and then walked back with them to their hotel. They are nice people, very easy to chat to - which made for a lovely night.

Yesterday we had our 'photo shoot.' We had filled in a card at our local shopping centre for info about this photography studio in the area that does really unique work. We ended up winning a free session - which includes one free photo. It was all a bit awkward - but I bet there will be some cool shots. He started us off by having us run towards him and then jump as he took a photo. Hmmmm not sure I want a photo to keep of my jumping face (scary). He also had us lie on the floor and roll towards each other (he took the photo as we collided). It was sure an experience - after an hour of lots of interesting shots I was dying to see the results! We have to go back a week from Wednesday for the 'viewing.' We won't be buying anything though (just the free photo thanks!) as the prices are BEYOND ridiculous (I seriously could not even believe their price packages). Just to give you an example - one really unique frame with 4 little square photos in it (about 5" by 5") was over £1500 (that's nearly $3000). Ummmm yeah - I can't imagine spending that much. The experience was really fun though!

Me & Brenda & Randy at Piccadilly Circus Saturday evening

3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Ummm, OH MY GOD that's expensive! Who pays that much for photos?????

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Monique said...

I KNOW Heather! I just couldn't believe it! The cheapest thing you could buy from them was £75 for a framed 5x7. Even just a book of 10 photos was over £500. There MUST be people who pay that - I just don't get it. Granted, they are GORGEOUS frames and really stunning photos - but still - a couple grand for a photo? I think not

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Murray should start that type of photography studio. That would give you plenty of spending money and I'm sure he could do an even better job with the photography session. will be interesting to see if you really like any of the pictures or not. Interesting concept, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker