Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

What day is it today?

Oh yes, Thursday.
I feel like this week has gone by in a blur.
I have been VERY busy at work so the days just fly by!

Last night was lovely & relaxing. I worked an hour late then went home and enjoyed some quality TV while catching up on laundry & tidying our room. I really do enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey's 'The F Word.' He's a bit of a nutter, but I love the show because there are so many things going on. One section of the show is the actual 'F Word' kitchen (he claims the 'F' stands for food). They get in 4 cooks every week and he yells at them and makes them redo the food until it's perfect. I love how when he is demonstrating how the dishes are put together there's a presenter telling us - the viewing audience - exactly what he's doing. I learned a few lovely new recipes last night. Also, they have a section where a 'celebrity' takes Gordon on making their favourite dish - then blind taste testers decide who made it best (Gordon almost always win). Also, there's usually a section about his pigs Trinny & Susanah. He is raising pigs in a little paddock in his garden - they go to the butcher next week and I swear he almost seemed like he wanted to cry about it! I can imagine though that you would become quite attached to them when you've been raising them like pets in your garden! There's also a section where he finds someone who's completely hopeless in the kitchen and teaches them one simple dish - last night was Sunday lunch - I may have to use that recipe - looked really yummy! Anyhow, I just like that in a hour long show there are SO many things going on, makes for a very interesting programme. Now if they'd just accept my application to dine in the F Word restaurant! Since it is a TV show and the dining room only seats 50, you have to apply to pay for dinner there. I really want to go!!!! Fingers crossed:)

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Sometimes, time just vanishes and you end up at the end of the day or week, thinking "where the hell did it all go?"...

And then ther are days, like today, that never seem to want to end... *sigh*

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I watched Hells Kitchen with him the other night, the first time I have seen it, he is really a crazy man, but he is funny! I love that he named his pigs Trinny and Susannah!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I've really changed my opinion of Ramsey.

When I first moved to Britain, I thought he was a boorish loudmouth ("potty-mouth", one of my American friends would call him!). But I've begun to appreciate the man.

MAN can he cook, too!

Janet
(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker