Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Price is Right - ususally

Last night I went to the gym planning to attend a class called 'Body Attack.' I love that class - it really is the most intensive aerobic class I have ever attended. By the end of it I usually feel like I could just collapse on the floor and rest for 15 minutes. I got to the gym about 20 minutes before the class started. So, I took my time getting ready, and then slowly warmed up on the cross trainer machine while watching the UK version of 'The Price is Right.' I didn't even know they HAD a British version of that show! I'm sorry - but it's just NOT the same without Bob Barker.
So, I get in the class 5 minutes early and stand around with about 18 other girls waiting for the instructor. Five minutes pass and then someone decided to call down to the front desk to ask what was going on. Another five minutes pass, no one from the desk has come up and no instructor. She calls down again. Finally someone came up, asked AGAIN what class we were waiting for and went off to find out what was going on. Fifteen minutes after the class was due to start someone came up to tell us that there would be NO class tonight as they don't know where the instructor is. I muttered to myself 'Geez, they are SO disorganized.' A few people turned and looked at me, and I thought 'What? it's true'! Then I remembered - Oh, my accent. I've been here so long now that I forget I don't sound like everyone else sometimes. Anyhow, by then I was crabby for having had to wait around for so long so I left.

I got on a bus and after swiping my ticket headed back to find a seat. On the way I saw a DOG in the baggage area. I thought this was hilarious - something I have never seen before. So I used my camera phone to it's full advantage and took a few sneaky pictures - he he.

You can just see his head poking up to the left of the yellow button in the back of the picture.

She picked him up and put him on the seat next to her -

ewwww other people have to sit there too!

But he decided that it was time to go.

Anyhow, that was my exciting bus ride. He was SO cute. A little old dog with those cute little legs that makes his or her whole body shake while walking quickly. Ahhhhh

One not so cute thing was the lady sitting next to me. The back of the bus has a row of 6 seats facing forward. There are also 2 seats on either side of the aisle facing towards the back seats. I was sitting on one of the backwards facing seats and there was a lady sitting across from me and one seat over (next to the window). My mouth almost fell open as she slipped off her sandals and put her bare feet on the seat next to me! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That was just TOO much. So as soon as the bus stopped I popped up to a seat far away from the naked feet on the seat lady. That's how I got such a good view of the bus dog!

Our bus got stuck in a HUGE traffic jam. I have no idea what was going on, but the traffic was backed up SO far!!! I ended up getting off and walking just over 20 minutes home. I felt like such a Londoner. I opened up my backpack and got my trainers (i.e. tennis shoes) and socks out, put my flip flops back in my bag and laced up my shoes for a walk home. I'm glad I did though, the traffic was still inching forward when I got home and it was a lovely evening for a walk. The weather in the afternoon is SO nice here now, in the early 20's c (late 70's f), warm, but not hot. Just lovely!

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Dizzie said...

People are gross. do NOT want to smell your stinky feet - on the bus, or any other place!

Last place I worked, this woman used to walk around barefeet. All the time. Then she used to put her feet up on chairs in the cafeteria and at the office, leaving black marks everywhere... disgusting!

The dog was so cute! My Grams has a neighbors, who's dog leaves every morning to buy the morning paper at the newsstand across the street. This is a two-lane-in-each-direction with double tramtracks type of street, but he's so careful - he looks left, then right, then at the redlights (although I've heard dog's don't see red), and often sit and waits till the lights turn to green.
They prepay the paper, so he goes up to the newsstand, barks once, gets the paper, wag his tail and goes home - at green light!
I watched him daily for an entire week - he's hilaryou! :)

Lack of organisation? Sounds like my University. Business school, too. And, I majored in organization... laughable? Very much so!

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when I can walk home faster than the buses. It is like my own private competition every day!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

It's never a dull moment on public transportation is it? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker