Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lovely Thursday Morning

Not
It's raining & 20c (70f) - chilly for AUGUST!
Oh well, good day to be in the office.

Yesterday nothing exciting happened (other than getting an email from one of my favourite gossip bloggers Perez Hilton)! Sadly, I was very excited to get a response to my email. I emailed him to tell him he was mentioned in a UK gossip magazine interview with Jessie Metcalf, and I got this response:

"LOVE it!!!! ha ha
Love the U.K. Love you!!!
xoxo"

This was the highlight of my day.

Work was very busy yesterday, and my right hamstring was killing me, so I took a night off from the gym. Instead I went home and made peppers stuffed with brown rice & veggies along with some chicken kiev (ok, those were store bought) for dinner. (YAY for lunch leftovers!)

Exciting - I know! Not.

Every time I open my book to read on my commute now, I have to laugh a little. This weekend I found a bookmark in my drawer that I think I got in middle school. It's a pink ribbon with a metal tennis racket on the end. It just reminds me SO much of middle school, and even though it's a pain to keep in the pages in my book, I keep using it because it's sentimental:) Funny how little things like that spark so many memories. Also, the book I just finished was about a 31 year old who made a wish to be a teen again, and then magically was transformed into a 15 year old again, but with her 31 year old brain. In the end, she ended up wishing herself back to 31, but had made some changes in her life, and was in a job she liked with a man she had previously pushed aside. Anyhow, just made me think of being a teen, and how I wouldn't want to go back and change anything. I'm so happy with how my life is now, and thinking back to high school - in theory it sounds fun to go back, but honestly I don't think I'd want to. Maybe I'm just burnt out on studying? I would like to go back to playing tennis every day though. I LOVED tennis practice!!! Other than when our coach would make us run. At the beginning of every practice he told us to go run around the building (we'd run half way, rest for a few minutes around the corner, then run back). I mean, why do we have to run? We're playing TENNIS! I liked the on court drills though - those were always fun. Some of the best times though were when the football team was practicing near our courts and we'd lob balls over accidentally (yeah, sure) and try to hit the cute guys. Ah what a luxury - to be able to play every day (and at 3 in the afternoon)! I miss that!

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the same book last month! The whole time I ket wondering if the friend was really going to get married just to help her!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Monique said...

OMG How bizarre Beth!!!!
It was just a random book I picked up at the library a few weeks ago!
Yes, I kept wondering that too. I actually really liked the ending though - I sure didn't expect that!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I have a bookmark that has a rainbow and a unicorn on it and the string on it is lavender with a little heart on the end - also from middle school, and I love it! I am pretty sure I have read that book as well :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you DID the running practice you'd actually be able to move your feet out of the quicksand they are stuck in while you play! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker