Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Last night, after I exited the tube where my gym is, a guy tapped me on the arm and asked me if he could ask me a question.
Me: 'Sure'
Him: 'Do you feel nosey when you read your book while walking?'
Me: 'What?' (thinking - what the heck is he talking about - did I walk into him while reading & walking - no, I'm sure didn't walk into anyone - I was keeping an eye out for people)
Him: 'Do you feel nosey when you read your book while walking?'
Me: 'WHAT?'
Him: 'Sorry, it was meant to be a joke'
Me: 'What? I still don't get it' (thinking - what is this nutter talking about? as I start to inch away towards the escalator)
Him: 'Do you feel sick while walking and reading'
Me: 'OH - I see what you mean - do I feel DIZZY while walking. No, I was only doing it because I wanted to catch one more page before going up to the gym, and I keep my eye out for people.'
Him: 'It was just funny, I have never seen someone do that before'
Me: 'Just one of my London skills - bye'

strange, very strange

At the gym I did a new class called 'Cross Training.' They had 10 little areas set up around the room and you did one minute at each station then moved to the next one. It was a bit cheesey, but actually a REALLY good workout! The 'instructor' just walked around giving tips & pointers (suck in that stomach, hey - there's money on your knees reach higher, jump higher, you in the red shorts (that's me) get up there and do one more jump before moving on!). Ha ha, it was a bit like having a personal trainer - with 14 other people. I felt a bit like I was back in middle school though, jump roping and doing situps (and sneaking a quick rest when the instructor wasn't watching)!

On the way home I stopped by our old flat to pick up any stray mail that may still be going there. WOW - it looks AMAZING! I wish I had taken pictures. The place is a decked out bachelor pad - new EVERYTHING. And the bathrooms were both redone and look fab, especially since he had a professional do it this time rather than doing a half baked job himself.

Here's a cute picture of our good friends' little girl Amelia - gosh is she cute (and wearing the Pumas we sent her when she was a baby)! Ahhhh she looks SO grown up:)

4 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's sooooo cute! Look at those street styling' PUMA's !! ;-)

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

She is adorable and has a great sense of style. :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mo!

My boss is writing a book and is actually "casting" characters for it. I thought this would be perfect for you and maybe some of your fellow ex-pats. He wants people's real stories. Check it out www.realitythebook.com. Also, at your discretion of course, if you wouldn't mind passing the word along.

Nicole (Duck n Dive '99) : )

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, how sweet is Amelia?! I remember her just as a tiny baby a year back in MN. What a grown up girl with her red ribbon and matching shoes....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker