Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I love group exercise!

Last night I attended the class 'Body Attack' at the gym.
The website describes it as 'A high-energy, calorie-consuming athletic workout that will push you past the limit with strong, simple moves and pumping music. This is the most intense workout you'll find in the world of fitness, a session guaranteed to take no prisoners.'
I agree.
It is absolutely exhausting. By half way through the class my face had overheated (giving me that lovely white and red blotchy look), and I was so so tired! But, the enthusiasm of the instructor and the great 90's dance music kept me going. Forty five minutes was more than enough though, by the end of the class we were all glad to collapse down on the mats for a bit of stretching.

I think this advertisement for Body Attack is Hilarious!!!

I don't know what is - but I absolutely LOVE group exercise classes. Whether it's weights, aerobics, step or just abs - I love them! I like that you have no excuse to quit early and leave, I love that the instructors push you to keep going, and I love how the fast dance music pumps me up to keep going. Now, if my gym could just schedule classes that better fitted my schedule, that would be great:)


3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Dizzie said...

Wow, I really hate group exercises! :D
If I'm to sweat, it's either on my own or with a partner. But I guess I'm brought up with sports where a group isn't required: tennis, equestrian, ballett (okay, not a sport, but try not to sweat!), ballroom...

I've tried the body combat/body pump and I admire people that can do it, and walk away after the class! I melt - my legs just vanish from in under me!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I love classes at my gym, it is all I can almost do, I get bored working out on my own! Does your gym have dance classes at all? Those are my favorite!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Monique said...

Andrea
- no, unfortunately there are no dance classes at this gym:(
I wish there were
At my last gym they had a fantastic dance class taught by a choreographer & I LOVED it
oh well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker