Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

HAPPY 21st MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my 'little' sister Megan's 21st Birthday! Wow, how time flies. I remember when she was a chubby cheeked little girl:) I hope you have a wonderful day - we both wish we could be there with you to celebrate! Love you!!!

I think this is a lovely picture of Megan (on the left) with my other two sisters Mandie and Mariah at our wedding last year.

Well, according to the paper this morning, summer is over. Even though August is usually the hottest month, this year we instead are to expect chilly temperatures of around 20c (70f) and rain for at least the next 10 days. I guess it's not that bad though, it felt refreshing this morning walking to the bus, although I have resorted back to wearing long sleeves and closed toed shoes now. I just wish it would warm up for the weekends - oh well.

Last night I went to the gym and had a really good workout. I just about left when I opened my bag in the changing room though because - gasp - I had forgotten to pack my brush! All my hair ties are on the handle of my brush, so I had nothing to tie my hair back with. This is very upsetting at the gym, and I do admit that I almost used this as an excuse to leave. Then I realized that that was just silly, and I was already there, so I best just get on with it. I felt like I got a lot of funny looks though and it was SO SO annoying to have my hair on my neck when I was hot from exercising. After I finished my weights programme I suddenly remembered that there is a women's only section that I haven't used once in the year I have belonged to this gym. So, I went to check it out. It's tucked in the back and has big swinging doors to keep it private. There's a few weights, some mat areas for stretching & situps, and a dozen cardio machines (and FOUR tv's)! It was great. I finished off my half an hour on the cross trainer and really enjoyed watching and listening to the 'top female singers of the 80's' music videos on one of the tvs.

I love how music videos from the 80's are pretty much either a video of the artisit dancing and singing with backup dancers in a studio, or clips of the artist singing mixed in with clips from the movie the song is featured in. One hilarious one was Barbara Streisand's song ' Woman in Love.' They had clips from a bunch of her movies, one in which she had tons of baby's breath stuck in her hair for her wedding ceremony (yuck, yuck, yuck). My favourite though was 'Wind Beneath my Wings' sung by Bette Midler. Beaches is one of my favourite movies OF ALL TIME! In middle and high school I think we watched that movie at every sing birthday party, tennis party and misc. sleepover I went to. The video actually made me tear up a bit because they kept showing clips from the movie. The more time I watch that movie, the earlier I start crying, because now I KNOW what's going to happen.

This morning I was about half way to the bus when I realized I forgot my book on the kitchen table. This was very upsetting as I just started reading it yesterday and is was so so good that I actually read it while walking home very slowly as well as on the bus and train. Bummer. I guess I'll have to buy a gossip magazine tonight to keep me entertained, I hate just sitting there and looking at people. Oh well.

Now, back to enjoying my Chair Latte - Yumm!

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger City Slicker said...

Cute site
Will check back
Bookmarking it

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when you get to the gym and realize you've forgotten something. I used only the pool for so long that it never occured to me after I've used the treadmill I might want a whole change of underwear later! Won't make that mistake twice!

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo and congratulations for Megan. I will be sure to show her the site when she gets home from work tonight. She loved the earrings and the gift certificate you sent. Thanks for continuing to be so thoughtful and kind. Love you and miss you. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker