Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, July 28, 2006

A very tired Friday

Last night I had an eventful journey home.

First, the bus I was on from our work site to the tube was speeding down the road, as usual, and suddenly veered sharply to the left. I was just about knocked off my seat! Everyone on the bus was looking up at the driver wondering what had happened. It was pouring with rain, so I thought maybe the wheels had slipped, but I heard a guy giving the driver grief as he got off for 'waving at his friend.' Hmmmm not smart Mr. Bus Driver!

Then, I got onto a VERY crowded train, which is unusual as it's near the start of the line where I get on. We stood in the carriage for a few minutes before they announced that the whole line was suspended due to a bridge being down further up the line. So, hundreds of people, including myself, had to go back up to street level to find another way home. I ended up on a very very slow moving bus to the overland station. Actually, it didn't take as long as I thought it would - only 2 hours to get home - I thought it would be much more. My normal journey is an hour and a half, so that wasn't too bad. I read in the paper this morning that what happened was that 400 tons of debris was washed onto the tracks because of the heavy rain fall and they had to evacuate 600 people from trains. If I hadn't worked late yesterday that may have been me! No one was hurt, but I bet they were all REALLY annoyed!

And it’s Friday - thank goodness - I hope it's a nice weekend weather wise!


At 11:48 AM, Blogger andrea said...

That stinks! At least it wasn't as hot last night after the rain, that should have helped your commute somewhat!

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Heart Of Darkness said...

Have a GREAT weekend - seems you really deserve that! :)
I don't complain - I get home 15 minutes after leaving work, and that's on foot!

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh my goodness!! That's horrible! Glad you finally got home safe and sound...

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Vilas said...

What's really funny is that I was on the other end of the Picadilly line when that happened. It didn't effect my train, but my first thought was "Wow, hope Monique isn't trying to get home through this!"

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Deb said...

That was the evening I was on the cell phone with you. I was so worried about your return home, but you appeared so confidant. I am proud of you and your capabilities wherever you travel.
Love, Mom


Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker