Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Monnnnnday

Not a super exciting weekend, but I do feel nice and relaxed today.

Friday night we went to see 'Fool for Love' - a play starring Hollywood star Juliette Lewis.
The best part of the night was, because the theatre was so undersold, we got bumped up to floor seats - fantastic! The show itself was ok. It was nice to see something different, but the storyline wasn't great. Juliette was very good though - and it was cool to see her in person.

Over the weekend we went to the 'International British Car Show.' It actually was pretty good! Top sightings: 3 corvette's (we both LOVE LOVE LOVE vettes), the 'super car paddock' (the most expensive car in there was a £450,000 ferrari, and getting to sit in a convertible lotus (wow was that thing hard to get in & out of)!
Also, we did the 'Land Rover Experience' which involvedqueuingg for half an hour to ride in a land rover over a course they set up with a professional driver. It was pretty amazing how that vehicle could so easily climb a huge incline, drive on a sideways angle, over a steep edge, and compensate for only being on 2 wheels at a time over some huge speed bumps.

I read in the paper this morning that we have another heat wave coming our way this week - I think it's about time I invested in one of those little personal fans to fan myself on the tube! Eekkk

Oh - and CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS to our friends Cassie & Hamish on their recent engagement - we're so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Supercar Paddock (i.e. awesome cars roped off so we couldn't touch them)

The most expensive car we saw that day


Pagani

Me in my lotus

I love jeep's!

The new corvette was HOT!



A cool concept car - the DJ car

Cool old restored Mercedes

Super cute mini - too bad the design was stickers & not painted on though


Cool concept car based on a jet (or so they say)



A display of all the parts from a racing car - one part per string!

Our dream land rover expedition

on the Land Rover experience

this one was scary!

It felt like we were going to tip when 2 of the wheels weren't touching anything!


It stopped part way up with no problem


Check out that air suspension!

(and check out me talking like I know what I'm talking about!)

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Looks like you had an exciting weekend!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dizzie said...

I LOVE the Pagani!

I listed my top four of the season's new arrivals on my blog, but I think I might have to update that post! :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

you are a good woman :)

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

I LOVE the mini car. Too cute. Glad you had fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker