Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Friday, June 02, 2006

NOW I feel like a real Londoner

Last night I really felt like a proper Londoner.
I got off the tube and walked down to the river and sat down on a bench to take off my pretty work shoes and put on my white socks and trainers (tennis shoes). Then I walked home along the same riverside path I had taken in the morning. However, since I didn't have any music to listen to, and had already enjoyed the view that morning I decided to keep myself entertained by reading while walking. Plus, I was JUST about done with the book my sister-in-law gave me ''Ya-Ya's in Bloom' and I wanted to know how it ended! So I did the thing I have become quite good at - walking while reading while still keeping an eye out for runners, bikers and pot holes. It took me a lot longer that usual because I was walking so slowly, but by the time I got home I was SO relaxed!

I remember when I first moved to London and thought it was funny when I saw people in work clothes with trainers on, and people who read while they walked. Now if I just start saying Cheers more often I'll be totally integrated!

It's nice weather today in London - and they say it may even get up to 25 c (80 f) tomorrow - YAY! It's about time we got some nice weather - I want to play tennis!

Tonight I'm off to The Comedy Store in central London with some friends. I'm really looking forward to it as I've wanted to go for AGES - I hope it's a good show!

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can say trainers, you can say cheers! Just don't say shed-ule. That one I don't think I will be able to ever do!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Monique said...

Ohhhh that one bugs me too - I'll never say it like that.
Same with 'zed' instead of zee.
I just can't get used to that one!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

Yay! I wish you good weather as well. We are in the middle of a massive thunderstorm as I type this. It's pitch black outside and it's 3:30PM. Very scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker