Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Maybe in a former life I was a Pirate? or British?

Ahhh isn't the Dentist FUN! I'm so glad I have a dentist who works late one night a week. It's so nice not to have to take any time off work to go and have my teeth poked at. My appointment last night was at 6:40pm. It was unpleasant, but my dentist is nice (Australian - of course!).
Unfortunately though I will have to have 2 fillings replaced. One that was done improperly years ago, and one that has cracked in half. I asked him if that was because of previous shoddy dentistry or not, and he said he had no idea, that it may just be wear & tear (well, the broken one at least - the other one I KNOW was shoddy). Then he of course pointed out that I DO have lots of fillings after all. (hanging head in shame) Maybe that's cause I was a pirate in a former life????? I take back that British statement in my post title though. That's really a misconception that the rest of the world makes. Although it IS nearly impossible to get a NHS dentist (thus, why we go to an expensive Australian dentist and have to pay it all out of pocket). Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I have never flossed enough? No, I think it was the pirate thing - you know, that whole wooden teeth thing?

Anyhow, so now I'm booked in a month from now to have both done one evening after work. Won't that be fun - since they are on opposite sides of my mouth my WHOLE mouth area will be numbed. I just hope I don't drool on the tube ride home!!

Last night we watched the OC - so confusing when you miss a week though! I was like 'WHAT - Seth and Summer are back together??? what happened? But like any good soap opera, we put 2 and 2 together and figured it out by the end of the episode. Tonight is a BIG night for UK couch potatoes - the 2 hour double header finale of Desperate Housewives - I can't wait!!! I'm not sure how many weeks we have missed though - will have to check on their website.

Last night I was very proud of myself. After poking Murray to wake up (he fell asleep in the Dentist waiting room while waiting for me to finish), I was wide awake! I thought - 'WOW I got over my jet lag fast' pat on the back for me. But alas I was still feeling that way at midnight - not good. So I had to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep. I have no idea how long I was lying in bed thinking about work (sad, I know) but I did solve a few problems and mentally note my to do list. All I know is I was KNACKERED this morning, AND that I can leave 20 minutes later then I usually do and still get to work on time:)

Lateness aside though it's been a Fantastic day at work so far. All the hard work I did before my holiday has paid off and is making things run nice and smoothly for me. Now, I gotta get back to it - lots to do!

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... after you have your "fix-em" dental appointment, my guess is you'll again look somewhat like you did when the deerfly bit you up on Rainy Lake!?!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Monique said...

ha ha - probably!
I hope not though - I don't want people to stare at me.
Maybe I'll bring a bag to put over my head just in case:)

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I vote for pirate - that sounds way more funner! :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, poor Jocelyn had 3 teeth pulled out in Sydney and is getting braces soon back in London.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker