Mo In London

Travel Blog - COMING SOON!

Monday, June 26, 2006

It's raining for the first time in weeks today - Ahhhh must be the first day of Wimbledon!

It seems like the rain always seems to coincide with the first day of Wimbledon. I read all about who's who in this year's tournament in the paper this morning. England's hopes are resting on Tim Henman (again) and the new guy all of England has they hopes pinned on - Andy Murray. However, ever our papers concede that the only person who may have a chance in knocking Federer off his thrown may be Andy Roddick. It will be interesting to see what happens. We didn't go to any of the matches last year, but this year I'd REALLY like to go, even if it's just one evening after work. We'll have to make an effort to get out there - especially since it's only 2 tube stops from where we live!!!

In other sports news (since when did I become interested in sport? - weird), England beat Ecuador yesterday (as I'm sure EVERYONE knows by now). Good on Beckham for winning the match for us. Kinda gross that he was ill on the pitch though - I hope he feels better for Saturday's match against Portugal. Australia plays tonight - that'd be great if they got through to the quarter finals too - fingers crossed!

It was a lovely weekend, although it went MUCH too quickly. I think that was partly because we slept into noon both days, but my jet lagged body demanded it! And I feel MUCH better today:) Saturday I went to an 'American Get Together' of a group of a bunch of American ladies who are married or engaged to Brits and living over here. It was great to meet a few new people, and see old friends. And it was a fabulous day weather wise! That evening Murray and I went to see the movie United 93. Oh wow was that emotional. So so so sad. But the movie itself was really well done and it was interesting to see the story from that point of view.

Sunday we caught up with our friend Eva and her little one Abigail. Abby is hilarious - seems like every time we see her she has learned tons of new words. Yesterday she was politely saying 'Yes Please' and even said 'Bye Murray'! Too cute. We also managed to finally finish most of the unpacking which felt REALLY good!!!

7 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Becks. I just kept hoping no one would slide tackle near him! Hope you get a chance to go to Wimbledon. Though I notice Tim's Ariel Whites commercials aren't on so much...

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

I think all the rain we are getting is coming your way. :(

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

When and what theatre did you see United 93? We saw it at Fulham Broadway on Saturday night? How funny would it be if we were in the same theatre? :)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Monique said...

OMG Heather - that's hilarious!
We saw it Saturday night at Fulham too - 8ish in the evening???
WEIRD!!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Heather said...

We saw it at 8:45 I think... Bizarre! :)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Monique said...

That's when we saw it too Heather!!!
We sat (if you're facing the screen) on the right side about half way up. You probably heard me - I was the one shushing all the loud talkers around us. I've seriously never sat around such rude people in my life! Did you see those two couple leave half way through - I shushed both of them - ha ha. They deserved it though!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Heather said...

GET OUT! That's so nuts. How did we not see each other? We came in and sat on the right side towards the front but moved to the back during the previews because the people behind us were talking so loudly. I felt the same way - I couldn't believe all the people yapping! I seriously can't believe we didn't see each other...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker